• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Circuit For Simple Jammer "Bush Boogie"

if the local crew REALLY don't like this guy. then they should ignore any transmissions ..

in my earlier years i found this out ..
also learned if someone commented on an annoying roger beep he would be bombarded by them immediately following …thus gratifying the offender .
ignore him …….

Ah yes this brings back memories ... Back in the day we bought a cheap kids Walkie Talkie for abt $5.00 it was 500 milliwatt and fixed at 27.145 with a morse code osc.
We would remove the telescopic ant and replace it with wire. The xtal was replace with 27.085 which was our AM call channel. The morse key was hard wired on and we would strap on 5 x 9 volt batteries... we would weather proof it and toss it on to the roof of the house next door to the offender or a near by tree...
After 2 or so weeks he got the message.... most times we could retrieve our jammer.
I do remember one wanker that was very cocky.. It took near a full month to make him change his ways...and just now and again he would need a friendly reminder !

I am laughing as I remember all those great times... Good luck with your quest !

Reactions: tecnicoloco
There is one way to do the job right. Get a long heavy rope or chain and connect one end to his antenna and the other to a pickup truck. If done correctly you will pull the antenna down and the coax will pull the radio with it thru the window and if he is holding onto the mic he will know that he is not wanted on the channel. I have seen this done one time and after I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling,

There was one of these in our area once, would jam and play music on top of us. He was hit one night by axing his coax. Back on the air in three days with a new rig and his coax in a pipe! Out came the grappling hook and down with the tower!
He finally quit when he caught wind of the tar and feathers being prepared for him!

73 mechanic

Thanks for all the stories guys. Our fecker has been threatened 9 ways to Sunday and it doesn't matter. He's a complete scumbag that stole from one of the senior citizens in our group and he's a convicted felon, drunkard and on an on. I am not the lead attacker against him …. just one in the chorus. No one is willing to risk getting shot or go to jail over the guy …. which is understandable. …. just trying to brainstorm an idea to help run him off.

I've found the simple AM Transmitter builds using a crystal and 555 timer chip and 1 transistor. I'll have to buy all the stuff to make one but it should be a fun project.

Reactions: DainBramage
Well crystals are fairly expensive today. Everything above is accurate in that we did that back in the 1990's. I never made one but I had a big pair and was really good at sneaking around after dark. I deployed them on a few occasions. I want to say that the ones given to me had a crystal a transistor and resistor. They used a simple piece of enameled wire for the antenna. I would put them in tree stumps, in hollows in tree's, on the roof, in a bush etc.........

I never pinned anyone coax but I know people that did. I never wanted to cost someone money.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated