• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need help on tube amp... ABC Electronics INC

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
This amp needs a driver tube and the numbers are no longer visable and I dont know what it should be its a 1 driving 2 and the final tube numbers are 6JG6A it was made in Jolleit Illinois again as stated in the subject bar its made by ABC Electronics and I need the driver tube number or something that will work with these final tubes which I dont know what there rated at any help APPRECIATED!!! Thanks....Tony

Is this a mobile amp or one that runs on house current? Flip the thing over and check the voltage on pins 4 and 5 (this will be either 6.3 or 12.6 volts AC).

Let me know.

Ok its reading 7 volts on pins 4 and 5 so Im guessing its the 6KV6A because im thinking the voltage should read higher if not under a load.

The 6KV6A is a smaller version of the 6JG6A; the pins are the same.

Pins 1, 6, and 7 are (should be) tied to ground.

Pin 2 may be grounded or have a few volts NEGATIVE (this is the control grid, the bias is applied there).

Pin 3 is the cathode and this is where the input signal goes. There should be a choke from that pin to ground.

Pin 9 is the plate, there should be high voltage there; this is the output point of the tube.

If you have another 6JG6 A around plug it in there.

Reactions: Turbo T

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.