• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help sick of My Midland

coolhand

CDX-297
Jul 27, 2005
Miami, Fl.
OK I'm done with this cheap radio, the detachable face keeps giving me problems and the channel bleed over is unbelievable. I wanted something that would provide me all the channels and still give WX but at this price I am willing to buy another radio and get mself a scanner to listen into the WX and some other bands. What would be a the best radio money can buy? I have the Midland 79-290 a Cobra 25 and a Cobra 29 NW WX and my first radio a Cobra 21. Thanks ahead of time.

I guess your looking for another CB and not export/10 meter since this is in the cb section.
Galaxy 959's are decent... I prefer tham over cobra 148's but a 148 is another decent one.
The list goes on and on and you can get alot of recommendations. The best thing to do is look around at all the radios on the market. Find a few that you like then ask for everyones opinions on the ones that you like.
Lots of radios out there that can be recommended... especially when when I don't know if you want a 10meter/export or expandable cb or if you just want a 40 channel ssb cb. I also don't know if your using this radio with an amp and what size that amp is.
My point is theres lots that can be recommended... take a look around at whats on the market and what you like, then come back and see if there are any good point or bad points about those.

BTW... I've had a few of those radios in the shop and had to fix the detachable faceplate on them. I usually just make the faceplate non detachable and fix it in place . I've done that to a couple of midlands and its worked well and fixed the connection problems.
Take care

I have a uniden pc78ltw and its real nice w/ weather too. I got it when uniden had a $30 rebate on it so it was only 79.99 that rebate is now over. a smaller version would be the pc68ltw that still has weather

Well I guess I had to leave some info out, I'de like a radio that will have about the same channels as the Midland when it's moded, which is about 6 bands I believe and SB. No amp for now so a radio that can be tuned up good would be preferred.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1