• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Opinions

It’s absolutely worth saving IMO, but be advised that many of the old Uniden radios used glue inside (sometimes called Sony bond) that will become very corrosive over time. That glue needs to be removed before it starts to eat through wires or damage the printed circuit board. If you’re interested in doing that job yourself, there are numerous instructional videos to be found.

Reactions: 357magnum
If the repair cost exceeds the resale value, it's cheaper to buy new. My two cents.

If the repair cost $45...
and
I can sell my Cobra 25 LTD for maybe $45...
and
The cost of a new Cobra 25 LTD is like $90....

How does the "resale" value of a radio affect the cost of a new one?

Now if you mean to say "If the repair cost exceeds the cost of a new radio, then it makes sense to simply buy new.."
I could see, but the way you worded that had me wondering..

Found a old Uniden Pro 810E, 40 Chnl, Am/Ssb...Is it worth saving(its going cheap)or..to the Trash? Thanks.

If it works okay it's worth holding onto, but if it needs repair.. You have to be careful not to spend more than the thing is worth.

..and I see what Rabbi's saying.. . if they sell for $100 online used, why spend $150 on repair + shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
Those are solid radios and I really enjoyed them on SSB. If the channel segments go out it can be a pain in the butt. I had a 640E that I used for years, always on frequency and always great reports on SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.