• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need some help setting up hi fi audio

Here's a do-it-yourself project that anybody can do for dirt cheap.
1493014537239_zpsisvdkvm9.png

Reactions: LeapFrog
I just worked a few bugs out of it and it seems to work great. My next project will be the same thing with a switch on the back to bypass the internal high pass filter for switching between wideband audio and tailored response for dxing.

Sounds pretty good, is that gate with the high pass? I was going to make a condenser mic for my 880 and power it from the radio. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Linkwitz mod or leave it as is

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Sounds pretty good, is that gate with the high pass? I was going to make a condenser mic for my 880 and power it from the radio. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Linkwitz mod or leave it as is
The first half was with the high pass filter and you can totally tell when I switched over to the one without the high pass filter.
I talked on the widebanded one for a minute and switched back to the high pass.
The locals were too stupid to notice the difference.

Last edited:
I think you started out with high pass and your voice is not as low as others but I could tell by the PTT opening. More of a thump. It's tough to sometimes on a stock receive when someone wide comes through . It's almost like night and day . I hear it all the time when I listen to my local No Pity.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated