• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need some help!!!

bkosto

Dec 19, 2011
I have some radio equipment that was given to me via the passing of a good friend. I have no idea what to do with it or even what this equipment is worth. I'm hoping you folks can help me out. here's what I got:

icom IC-735 All Band Tranceiver
MFJ Model MFJ-962-C Versa Tuner III
Astron RS-35A Power Supply
MFJ Niose Bridge Model MFJ-202B
Radio Shack 12-Volt 10 Amp Regulated Power Supply

I agree...ya need an antenna and a ham radio license.You have a good solid station over all.....well worth keeping and putting it to good use

But if you were going to sell all that equipment I would say at least 600 for all of it if it is all in very good condition

I have an Icom IC-735 and have been told that it's worth about $300 (it is used, old, and not built anymore) in good working condition with a power supply. I have the Icom matching PS-55.

The big 'test' is having the black plastic door on it and working without falling off.

They are really built well. Mine is from the late '80s and still going strong!

It's a great radio for a new ham just getting on the air as it's simple to operate and covers the 10 meter Tech freqs and the General bands too.

The RS PS doesn't have enough to power the transmit side as the 735 needs about 20 amps. Use the Astron to power it.

You should get your ticket....you've got the hardware and a simple 10 meter dipole is easy to build.

I'll bet that would have made your friend very happy to see you use the radio.

kenobi1.jpg

You don't need any of that equipment...send it over to me...

kenobi1.jpg

You don't need any of that equipment...send it over to me...

Send it to me to evaluate, then I will send it to Mole.

All joking a side it is a solid station. A Lot of resources available on the WWW to study for your license.

Get your ticket, and operate that station in memory of your friend. You will enjoy the wonderful hobby that your friend introduced you to.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.