• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need your thought again gurus...

If you are running older rigs without DSP, then I would say give it a try especially if you can get a good deal on it.

This product has real good reviews on Eham.net

If you haven't done so already, read Eham's reviews and see what the users say about this device and usually you can get good tips on settings and such.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/607

Good luck!

Also check out the you tube videos about it. Seems to work well. And like stated by fourstringburn, Eham has a perfect 5.0 record. No one complained. The only thing mentioned that might affect someone is the time to tune like when contesting. No to good for that. But it does cut the qrm and other stuff out from the vids I watched. Tempted to look more into one of these myself.

For the price it's won't be a big loss of it doesn't work and from all I've seen and read it seems to work well. Let us know if you do get one and how it works for you. Would be interested in getting one myself but I am not getting much qrm with the horz. dipoles.

I'd definitely try it out for that price.

For the price it's won't be a big loss of it doesn't work and from all I've seen and read it seems to work well. Let us know if you do get one and how it works for you. Would be interested in getting one myself but I am not getting much qrm with the horz. dipoles.

Thanks, I asked the seller to reserve it for me and got a nod. I'll have to find out how to hook it up and may need your advice again on how to do it. :)

No worries. Will help any way possible. Hope it works like the vids. show. Would make it definitely worth while!!

These sell new for over $250.00 here in the US.

For $65.00 I would definitely buy it.

As for hooking it up, It is really simple. Just plug a 3.5mm male to male end cable between your radio's external speaker jack and into the 3.5mm input jack on the DSP unit, Then plug in an external speaker. You can also use headphones instead of a external speaker if you desire.

You aren't really adding DSP to your radio per se, you are adding DSP filtering to your received audio.

Here is a link to the owners manual, just open link and click on PDF download.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/support.php?productid=MFJ-784B

These sell new for over $250.00 here in the US.

For $65.00 I would definitely buy it.

As for hooking it up, It is really simple. Just plug a 3.5mm male to male end cable between your radio's external speaker jack and into the 3.5mm input jack on the DSP unit, Then plug in an external speaker. You can also use headphones instead of a external speaker if you desire.

You aren't really adding DSP to your radio per se, you are adding DSP filtering to your received audio.

Here is a link to the owners manual, just open link and click on PDF download.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/support.php?productid=MFJ-784B

Thanks, it sounds simple enough. I haven't really looked at the back of the unit, what kind of plug do I need on my external speaker? A 3.5 mm plug as well?

Should be plug and play then. Read the manual before you start messing with it. Just what I would do. They most likely will have some settings to help get you started. Again if you buy it for the price it's worth as long as it works. If you can verify this before purchasing it then I would grab it up. If not someone most likely will unless it's a close friend or something. Keep us updated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?