• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEEDED tube tester!!!!

Tall , as much as I like you .... Well " You Ain't getting Mine " !:LOL: But I will keep & eye out here in New England , let you know if I find one , send you specs , & will ship it to you if suits your needs . I have a friend that's always out looking for deal on radio equipment . I Can't promise anything but .... Magnums on it ! (y)

That question should never crossed your mind. I am the great BAWANNA of eBay hunters!

No need to hunt, I posted this to see if one of our friends here had one.

Reactions: Tokin
Not familiar with the Hickok looks interesting though. I just got off of the phone with an old friend of mine, and when I say old I mean old. I think he was the very first radio man on a ship that was commissioned in the 1950's. I sent him an invite to come here and check out all of information and he spotted this line of postings. He is coming by this afternoon and is bringing some test equipment for me. I know two pieces he has are the PSM-4 and a Simpson 260. He does not know what all he has. I know he has a 2 to 32 MHz transceiver. He told me to clean out a space the size of a pickup bed. I'll take and inventory and post my cast offs here.

That Hickok is called the "Cardmatic". All the usual knob-and-switch setup stuff is replaced by a grid of spring-loaded plunger switches. The perforated plastic card has holes that cover some switches and expose others. The hole pattern configures the tester for a particular type tube, and determines the socket wiring, filament voltage, full-scale gain and all that.

I have watched a 123 tester on fleabay for six months or more. There's one listed at $999.99 but it's been there a while, no takers. Gotta unload my spare 123R, but it's a "project". We replaced all the usual old-age parts and got it working 7 or 8 years ago, but one of the calibration steps just wouldn't quite set like it's supposed to. It was going to be the 'spare' unit, and never really got fully rehabbed. It stopped being the spare tester when we upgraded to the computerized version. Can't imagine languishing in the back room all this time has done it any good.

And that's the challenge. Finding a tube tester that isn't also a "project" to get cleaned up and calibrated properly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.