• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Neighbors went at&t uverse and Im killing them with tvi

QRP m8 :)
... or a few acres at the countryside. Works perfect for me.
Seriously, RF blocking caps and ferrite rings should do the trick. Don't forget grounding. Both sides.
Mike

Lower your power output? how much u run? if i run more that 200 watts i get Tvi. less than 200 and a bigger antenna (Beam) will help.Also a clean Radio, Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

AT&T and TVI

That UVERSE system is junk!
Thanks to the FCC for allowing them to use some Amateur Radio frequencies(3-30 mHz)(75m biggest problem) to transmit their data stream digital signals.

If your a ham...make THEM fix it...they use CAT 6E data cable to send their signals from the router to the sets...ferrite beads or chokes won't solve the problem...almost impossible to choke a 5 pair twisted cable feed-line!

If your a CB operator...better clean up your signal... Low Pass filters, a couple HIGH QUALITY(between radio and amp+plus after amp)/better grounding/ much lower power....
But keep in-mind AT&T is under no obligation to fix the(your) problem unless your running 4 watts or less and a STOCK radio all the time!

I know a couple of Hams that sold their gear or moved to get away from the problem.

The UVERSE installer if they used the old existing phone and/or coax wiring in a 10 years or older home...YOUR SCREWED!
Even if they used new CAT 6E cable some have still had problems!
Good Luck
All the Best
BJ

have the at&t come back out an redo the lines
had the same problwem with dishnetwork came back out found the line was kinked and exposed and replaced the line and no problems

also have them look on the back of the unit or in the handbook see if it states anything about subpart 15
where this device must except any and all undesired inteference

dont run pill boxes on the base

I would say start with a good low pass filter and grounding .....and there are filters that you can get for the TV and phones as well that will help on reducing the interference.I know

Radio Shack used to sell them but now I couldnt tell you,might try the ham radio retailers like AES or HRO

Ibelieve it is the responsibility of the TV owner to rectify the problem, according to the ARRL handbooks. You can be nice and choose to run a low pass filter, which ended the problem for me.
People with telephones can install an RFI filter or get a modern phone. It's unclear to me just what the TV owner can do about it.

More AT&T problems

Ham Radio and ATT "U-Verse" IPTV-Internet-Phone Problems - dslreports.com

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=212483

[RFI] ATT Uverse RFI problem

More info on this issue.... There are some fixes that appear to work.
Service entrance cables from pole to house and installer using old existing phone house wiring(Cat 3 cable) as I stated before are the major issues. They will even use old RG6 coax if installed....what ever methods they can use. then get out quick and cheap and start collecting fees...

Good Luck again...but if your running CB be prepared to PROVE your running completely legal or you might get a visit.

You can see from the one thread AT&T will blame you first (Hams and CB operators) and tell customer it's not their fault(which it is)!
All the Best
BJ

" Good Luck again...but if your running CB be prepared to PROVE your running completely legal or you might get a visit. "

Thats says it all right there.

Scheduled to take my tech test on Sat... I can tearem up legally and they can stick it...I'll sit on 80 meters all day which seems to be what tears att&t uverse up the most... until then,I'll mind my P's n Q's.

WTF:mad::mad::mad: ....you don't even have a ticket and you seem to think that just taking a test will allow you to "tearem up legally and they can stick it".

how would you know that "80 meters tears them up , unless ... :confused:
btw, do you mean 80 meters or 75 meters:whistle: you might want to learn the bands/modes a "tech" ticket can use.

it's people like you that give all cb'ers a bad name

Last edited:
Although thats a bit harsh,I see your point and will make an addition to my post.Its not my neighbors fault,its at&t for using shoddy crap on their install and not grounding nothing.theyve been my neighbors for 6 years and have never had 1 problem with them until they went at&t Uverse for their TV service.Google amateur radio tvi and att&t uverse and see how many people are having problems.Its not just me.I run a very clean filtered station and respect my neighbors as well.I might of been a little pist last night cause the skip was rolling and I couldnt play!!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.