• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New 36 Amp power supply review (67.00 Shipped)

My brother in law has had the 36amp one for years, almost 5 I would say, and he loves it, says it never has had any issues with it. For the money they are hard to beat. JMO.

U all who uses this power supply, do they collect dust inside on the fan ?.

Reason asking, I read on one of the forums this has happened, just wanted to ask if this would cause some kinda problem..

U all who uses this power supply, do they collect dust inside on the fan ?.

Reason asking, I read on one of the forums this has happened, just wanted to ask if this would cause some kinda problem..

Any piece of gear with a fan will collect dust on it and inside it unless your house is 100% dust free.That is just the nature of drawing air thru.That's what cans of compressed air are good for, blasting it out.

Reactions: TruckerKevin
I have one of the 40 amp supplies like this and use it for my Yaesu FT-857D portable setup and these power supples are amazing and fit in a box a bit smaller that a cigar box!! I fit my entire portable setup in one nylon carrying bag the bag consists of Yaesu FT-857D. Yaesu FC-20 Auto Antenna Tuner, 1 MFJ 941E Manual Antenna Tuner, 1 Small MFJ wire vertical VHF/ UHF antenna 1 Radio Shack 2000 watt SWR HF Power Meter 1 small handheld Workman 104 VHF/UHF power SWR meter, 2X 50 foot lengths of Coax and all patch Cables Coax jumpers Rope and a few often used tools and wire and with all that the Meg Watt Power supply fits ontop in the bag in its small box!!

A+ To the Power Supply manufature they absolutely nailed it with these inexpemsive no RF hash and trash in the recieve practical power supply!! Im going to rebuild an rci 2990 with one of these under its hood ;) Imagine what you could do with a Galaxy DX2527, Galaxy 2517, Galaxy Saturn ETC Small lightweight 40 amp supply with internal would leave room for a small auto sideband 2 pill amplifier WOOT WOOT!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Guess I got a good one. I also recently had my big Alinco Variable Supply bite the dust beyond my ability to repair and went for this same unit in the original post. 36 amp @ $69 shipped buy it now. Mine is perfect. Adjusts up to 15.4 volts. Running at 14.44. Quiet fan, zero noise detectable in radio, and highly stable. On 10 watt radio alone keydown it only draws down 14.43 v and with 2 pill key down at 50 watts only draws down to 14.36 v

So I'm all happy with mine and will buy again

just got around to hooking up my megawatt 30/33 amp supply ($60 shipped)

used it for a few hours and it works great, no noise and holds 14 volts under a load!! The power cord that comes with it is actually pretty nice with a built in switch.

if my astron 70 ever takes a dump id give the 80/100 amp version a try

You guys know they come with a warranty. If it is producing hash or you think there is an issue, call the manufacturer and I am sure the issue can be resolved. I'm sure Megawatt will chime in as well. The name should preclude to who it is.

You have a ground loop issue in your system. That's the only thing that will cause any noise with a Megawatt.
That was in response to meanwell psu i had, not the megawatt....
I now have a megawatt pus and i am going to order 1 more...

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.