• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New and farthest Dx

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
At 2:15pm this afternoon my time I made the farthest DX I have ever made and am able to confirm it. Thank you Robb "World radio California" for the come back. I am now a firm believer in high quality coax and heigth of antenna over running a amp as this contact was made with no amp just a dx949 100 foot of Browning-400 and a Sirio S-2016! This radio does about 30 watts at the most!
Still hearing 142 in Indiana and Indiana jones from ? It seems to come in waves every couple of minutes.(y) Double thumbs up doesn't explain how happy I am!

Yup, guys will spend money on radios and amplifiers hand over fist, but spend the bare minimum on the antenna system.

He's got a Sigma he calls the ice cream cone and a 5 ele beam. Dunno if he has the beam up, he moved not very long ago. Great guy.

Were you AM or SSB?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.