• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna from Sirio Gain-Master

I am willing to bet the 10k wouldnt win crap if I tested it vs a 1/4 wave. Where can you intall a 10k on a vehicle that it will outperform a 1/4 wave.

Could be the coil antenna has a better SWR. You know how some folks think SWR is an indicator of performance.

Sirio Gain Master

Hi from Northern Ireland. Man this thread is rough!!! ^^ ab v c^^ I've owned a GM for almost 6 months now and it's situated on a 15ft pole on the eves of my house here in Bangor, Co Down by the sea in Northern Ireland. I've been DX'ing for 30+ years and have owned most omni's in that time. The GM outperforms all of them except perhaps for the Avanti Sigma iv. I've owned a few siggys over the years and they were hot but the GM is hotter than a pepper pudding for sure!!!
I've had some great contacts on 10 metres into Canada and UAE, Iraq and South Africa with the GM and even into Indonesia all on less than 100 watts(I never use more than 100 w) and I truly LOVE this omni. I love the build quality which is second to none. The fibreglass is TOUGH and light, the RF choke fits like a glove and shouldn't move, and at only 3kgs it's just fantastic. It's also quite a quiet antenna imho. I'm listening on 27.565 USB at the minute to some locals talking about static at S7+ and I've got a little noise peaking at S3 (y)
As for Sirio, their customer service is second to none! I had the misfortune to buy a Vector 4000 a few years ago and during a night of not overly heavy winds, my Vector 4000 died the most terrible death. It was like a piece of chocolate melted by a hot hairdryer and I sent an email off to Sirio with a photo of my wrecked Vector 4000 and they answered within 24hrs and allowed me to CHOOSE A NEW ANTENNA COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE. I ordered a 827 which was a damn good antenna but I couldn't(well. my wife couldn't)cope with the noise from the wind whistling through the radials. So, I put up an old original Solarcon Antron 99 which had served me well for many years as a spare until I bought the GM for £135 GBP in november last year.
I do rate this antenna. We've had a few stormy nights on my coastline since it went up and it's been rockin' n rollin' like Bill Haley and The Comets on occasion but I can tell there's more chance of the gable wall coming down before the GM does and my Icom IC 706 mk11 shows a low SWR from 12 meters to 10 meters so it ain't goin anywhere soon.
Now for God's sake stop being nasty to each other here. Take a chill pill and RELAX <can not stand it>

Best 73

Keerzo

Reactions: 1 person
Hi from Northern Ireland. Man this thread is rough!!! ...

.....Now for God's sake stop being nasty to each other here. Take a chill pill and RELAX <can not stand it>

Best 73

Keerzo

One of these???

Attachments

• chill.jpg
    chill.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 141
One of these???
7396d1337836329-new-antenna-sirio-gain-master-chill.jpg

ahahahhaha blottery

I used to have a 1952 Chevy 2 door custom deluxe back in the mid 70's-Black in color. Bought it from my uncle for 50 bucks. It was a cruiser. Had a visor like the car in the video. Not chopped or a bouncer or anything like that, but ahhh the memories....

Custom 1952 Chevrolet Deluxe Business Man's Coupe Debut @ SEMA 2011 - Car Videos on StreetFire

wish i hadn't sold it...for 50 bucks.

I once carried four 90lb sacks of concrete, 2 on each shoulder, but I had a big breakfast. :cool:

Keerzo, I have to 2nd that about the Gainmaster being a great DX antenna. I've enjoyed many, many contacts into Europe & the UK, all giving s9+10 to s9+20 over reports and like you I just used 100w!

I continually receive much higher signal reports on the Gainmaster than I would expect from any omni-vertical, and it's also proving to be a very quiet antenna with regard to static.

I once carried four 90lb sacks of concrete, 2 on each shoulder, but I had a big breakfast. :cool:

Keerzo, I have to 2nd that about the Gainmaster being a great DX antenna. I've enjoyed many, many contacts into Europe & the UK, all giving s9+10 to s9+20 over reports and like you I just used 100w!

I continually receive much higher signal reports on the Gainmaster than I would expect from any omni-vertical, and it's also proving to be a very quiet antenna with regard to static.
Chickenhawk threatens Rooster - YouTube

I believe global warming is a natural cycle, and has occurred throughout history.

Covered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

LOL

this thread has covered just about everything except global warming!!!:LOL:

It's not global warming that scares me as much as the spread of Africanized killer bees, beware of

GLOBAL SWARMING!

...there, now we covered it - TWICE :tongue:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.