• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New be but an oldie just joined this group thanks.i live in Australia

Hoadlies

Jul 5, 2022
Hi all I am pleased to get back to SSB 27meg and hopefully some skip.
Is am 83 years young HA,HAAAR.
I sold all my gear years ago ,but after 30 odd years of other hobbies I am starting again I bought an in modded trc449 & will erect a 5/8 antenna & see how it goes .
Cheers to all members from Aussie Barry (hoadlies)

78 here. A few of the Royal Australian Navy's newer ships were built over here and I was working on their various electrical and navigational installations.

And yes, to forestall the inevitable question, I have eaten Vegemite. Not nearly as bad as I was led to believe... I worked on HMAS Darwin and HMAS Sydney in the 1990s.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the forum. The members here have a wealth of knowledge and I probably learn at least one new thing every day.

Welcome! Conditions are improving, and I sometimes hear people from Australia. This is pretty good considering that I am on the east coast of the US. I hope my signal can make it there someday. The 449 and 5/8 should serve you well.
Hi mechanic,Thanks for the welcome mate ,I look forward to catching up when the skip is on
Cheers from OZ BARRY.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hi all I am pleased to get back to SSB 27meg and hopefully some skip.
Is am 83 years young HA,HAAAR.
I sold all my gear years ago ,but after 30 odd years of other hobbies I am starting again I bought an in modded trc449 & will erect a 5/8 antenna & see how it goes .
Cheers to all members from Aussie Barry (hoadlies)
Welcome and hope to catch you on the band. Heard some stations from Australia last week on 27.385 LSB.

527 New Jersey

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated