• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Eagle Tomahawk....mic wiring help.

8113 Northern MN

Aug 9, 2013
Virginia,MN
I recently got an Eagle Tomahawk in the mail and the mic that came with it was a Superstar DM-342 mic. The Eagle uses a 6 pin DIN setup and the mic wasnt wired in. Im hoping to hook up my Astatic D104 Lollipop with this radio but it is a 5pin. I have looked around online but cant find anything on how to use the astatic with a 6 pin connector. Anyone have any ideas?

from copper forum

Tomahawk and Sidewinder 400

Standard:
1-audio
2-receive
3-transmit
4-n/c
5-shield
6-n/c

Astatic:
1-white
2-black
3-red
4-n/c
5-shield/blue
6-n/c
clip yellow wire

Turner:
1-white
2-black
3-blue
4-n/c
5-shield/red
6-n/c
clip yellow wire

Sadelta:
1-white
2-green
3-brown
4-n/c
5-shield
6-n/c
clip red wire

Hope this help's.

Lon
Tech808

Reactions: 357magnum
Got the mic all hooked up and seems this ole d104 has gone to crap. I have to speak loudly into it for it to start transmitting. Now looking for the wiring guide for the Superstar DM-452

the only superstar dm-452 I can find does not show the blue wire.
red- tx
shield
black -rx
yellow -common
white- audio

Yea thats the same thing i keep finding...I have no idea why this doesnt have the black wire and instead has blue
1zg9pfo.jpg

Ok so was going through all of my various radio parts and the only other mics I have laying around are all from VHF radios and use a phone plug-in type connector. I cant find any info on these mics and wondering if anyone else knows anything else about them or could help me figure out if i could wire one of these to the Eagle Tomahawk to be able to use it
Motorola HMN1056C
wlbnk8.jpg

Motorola HMN3596A
14xe2c1.jpg

Nah; the Mot mics have their own requirements to operate and are best suited for a Mot radio.

If you can't get a power mic to work on that radio, then either you toasted the radio's mic preamp or you just didn't wire the mic right in the first place. That is all there is . . .

The guy sent me a Superstar mic that wont work no matter what. Ive hooked it up for a 4 pin Cobra and it didnt work either.

My D104 is shot....i have to yell into the mic in order for it to work. I also confirmed this by hooking it back up to my 5 pin Washington. So nothing in the radio is toast and ive been connecting it up properly. Just looking for another option to be able to use the radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.