• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Forum Sucks

I fined my self going here less now it is over all hard to navigate the site...
And it runs SLOW!!!! on my LGg2 phone and on my Samsung tab 3 10.1 I cant even navigate the site it slows down my tablet to where I cant even scroll through the pages it is horrible. it's loading is fine it is just the forum just loads down the hardware...

Last edited:
Strange......very strange indeed. I am on my android phone right now. Not slow at all. On my three (or four?) year old Toshiba laptop it works great as well. Laptop runs Windows 7 64 bit with Firefox browser.

Strange......very strange indeed. I am on my android phone right now. Not slow at all. On my three (or four?) year old Toshiba laptop it works great as well. Laptop runs Windows 7 64 bit with Firefox browser.
I use my phone at work, it is alittle slow. But, it is also a huge POS that I'm stuck in a contract until next year.

Yeah, the old format was MUCH better. What were they thinking?????

As a musician, I used to visit the Harmony Central forum quite a bit. They changed their format over to one that looks VERY much like this one does now. As a result, that forum saw a MASS exodus of members.

As a musician, I used to visit the Harmony Central forum quite a bit. They changed their format over to one that looks VERY much like this one does now. As a result, that forum saw a MASS exodus of members.
Nice parallel, except traffic here is up.
How do you like the new posting tools? Oh wait, that was you first post. Never mind.
Hmm...

Reactions: KJ4VRQ
Nice parallel, except traffic here is up.
How do you like the new posting tools? Oh wait, that was you first post. Never mind.
Hmm...
well,...I'm not a newbie, this new software plain SUXs,

I have timed this forum and EVERY time I change a page it is the same.

when I loaded this thread from the prev screen, it loaded the post,..... and froze my screen,
8 seconds later (yes, I have timed it with a stopwatch), the DX chat window loaded,
then 6 seconds later the EBAY window loaded,
then 2 seconds later the MEMBERS ON LINE window loaded,
then 2 seconds later the FORUM STAFF window loaded,
then 2 seconds the SHARE with yahoo window loaded.

a TOTAL of 20 seconds to just load a simple page... and the screen was frozen the entire time.

as soon as I load another screen the 20 delay starts all over again.

it is NOT my computer or software, it performed properly before the change and still preforms properly on ALL OTHER sites. it is the NEW software.

I know the staff wants this software to work, but, insulting forum members because they are "new" just because they tell you the truth is counterproductive.

I'll hang around a while longer, but, the Island is callin

Reactions: Marconi
it is NOT my computer or software, it performed properly before the change and still preforms properly on ALL OTHER sites. it is the NEW software.
It's loading in 2-3 seconds here on a six year old Vista computer with six programs running and 9 Firefox tabs open. I get the same results on everything from XP to Win8. The only time it's ever loaded slow for me was from a hotel with no bandwidth.

I can offer zero explanation for lagging. I do not see any of it. Not offering blind allegiance to the forum mind you. I HONESTLY do NOT see any lag. CLICK-SNAP----page loaded within 2 seconds or less and I am on a crappy ADSL line with 2 miles of copper wire between me and the Telco central office.

How would you know since this is your first post here unless you used a different username on the old site and switched as soon as the new site came online.

Over all i like how you can add pics and new posting is cool... chat thing is cool.
I am thinking the slowness is on my end... well i hope it is some thing i can fix.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated