• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new ham

earthwater

Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2011
maine
hi everyone

i am writing this thread to inform everyone that i took my tech test and
passed it with 35 right answers(y)
i feel like i acomplished a great defeat although as small it may seem to some people:D
well anyway all for now.

....earthwater....

Welcome and congrats. Your call sign should show up on the FCC data base in a couple of days. When it does, you are legal.

Now start buying lotto tickets to finance your new addiction.

Did you not try the General test when you passed tech? It should have been offered to you free.

You got in at a good time. It makes little sense to buy used radios with the current price of new ones. 55 watt Yaesu for 2 meter around $150 delivered from HRO. Hard to find a used one for less than $125 with NO warranty.

Just does not make sense. The least you can get a repair is $100 with shipping included. I refuse to pay more than $50 for a used 2 meter. Keep in mind one with the harness clipped off is going to cost you $35 to get a new harness. You seldom find one with the mobile mount and mic clip either.

I am 100% on used rigs lasting less than 2 months, FYI.

ENJOY

hi everyone

i feel like i acomplished a great defeat although as small it may seem to some people:D
well anyway all for now.

....earthwater....

Welcome aboard. Wife and I passed our tech exams last month. Took 6 days for the FCC to post the call signs. Congrats, and maybe we will hear you on the air soon.

Did you not try the General test when you passed tech? It should have been offered to you free.

yes i was offerd but i did not study at all for general:tongue:
so i declined it.

maybe in 2 months i will try

and thank you

....earthwater....

yes i was offerd but i did not study at all for general:tongue:
so i declined it.

maybe in 2 months i will try

and thank you

....earthwater....

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful hobby.

Should have took the General, you would have got to see how the test is and the cost would have been $00.00.

While the tech is still fresh in your memory study a couple of weeks and then hit up the general exam, you will enjoy the privileges on the lower HF
frequencies.

hi everyone

well anyway all for now.

....earthwater....

GOOD there is so much to do even with a tech ticket..

Spend your money wisely I like the FT1900R as a starter 2 meter radio and JETSTREAM base antennas .... as for 10 meters SPEND a bit more and get a all band radio like a FT-857 or a IC-450 or if you can get one used a IC-706.

So manby radios so many bands so ilttle time ......

Here is my place 45 years ago (2nd from bottom 1966 ) and today ....

and some QSL's from over the years ARRL in 1974 and a card from 2 meter AM in the 60's.

Bruce
Life member ARRL
Member QCWA and OOTC

Attachments

• wa4gch.jpg
    wa4gch.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 242
  • station.jpg
    station.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 173
  • securedownload2.jpg
    securedownload2.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 2meterqsl.jpg
    2meterqsl.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 160
thanks everyone for your kind words :).

thanks for the avice to.

Here is my place 45 years ago (2nd from bottom 1966 ) and today ....

and some QSL's from over the years ARRL in 1974 and a card from 2 meter AM in the 60's.

Bruce
Life member ARRL
Member QCWA and OOTC
Attached Images

thats awesome ^^
thanks ....earthwater....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.