• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Kenwood HF Transceiver?

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
Somewhere I heard or saw that Kenwood is finally going to come out with a radio to compete with the Icom 7300 and the Yaesu FTDX10 and FT-710 models. All they have now is their 990S, 890S and the 590SG which has been around forever.
Does anyone have any information on this?

If Kenwood did release a new rig in the $1000 to $1500 range, I think they’d sell a ton of them.

I've been waiting for a replacement.. updated version of the TS 2000 or atleast something with vhf/uhf all mode to come out... still waiting. Guess I will keep my 9700 and that's just fine with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riverman
I would love if that rumor was true. I'm already loaded down with radios, but already told myself I'd buy the next Kenwood HF radio. I have a 590SG (and a bunch of other radios) and love it, but Kenwood really needs to come out with a new radio to compete with the 7300/DX10/FT710, as you said. The 590 is the next radio due to be replaced, let's hope they come out with something along the lines of a "baby" 890!

Reactions: L2 and Riverman
Kenmore's (JRD-Panasonic) focus is P-25/DMR style etc. Public Safety/business band radios...much higher profit and bigger user market. Amateur Radio is just a side project nowadays...even their Amateur HT's are modified business radios with keypads and expanded frequency coverage. Does this mean no R&D for Amateur usage no, just not a priority for them.

Reactions: Blackcat630
Kenmore's (JRD-Panasonic) focus is P-25/DMR style etc. Public Safety/business band radios...much higher profit and bigger user market. Amateur Radio is just a side project nowadays...even their Amateur HT's are modified business radios with keypads and expanded frequency coverage. Does this mean no R&D for Amateur usage no, just not a priority for them.
I’ll say it again.
“Bummer.” :giggle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.