• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW LDMOS Full Legal Limit Amplifier

Ranch55

Jan 18, 2016
Fredericksburg, Texas
This is the new MERCURY LUX LDMOS Full Legal Limit Amplifier from KM3KM products.
KM3KM is also the developer and manufacturer of the MERCURY IIIs amplifier and the Mercury AT antenna tuner.

1661967522947.png

Last edited:

What are you going to do with knobs on a fully automatic amp? It doesn't look like it has an auto tuner built in but that price is actually pretty good for something like that made in the USA. For comparison, check out the price on an Elecraft KPA-1500

I'm not terribly fond of touch screens, but they're here to stay. Using a touch screen serves to drive home the designer's incentive to reduce cost while still delivering a result. Individual controls, switches and the wiring cost more to copy than the program code behind a touch screen.

Code is insanely cheap to copy. Switches, controls and wires not so much.

$4,300 with a $1,200 deposit to begin manufacture. Looks nice. Another big box for the rich ham. Zzzzzzzzzz
Rich??? Are avid hunters/shooter rich? Some pay that much for a single rifle. Are bass fishermen rich? Ever check out the price of a decent bass boat? Are classic car enthusiasts rich? A classic muscle car can take TENS of thousands of dollars to finish........and several years, but pretty much all such folks I know are far from rich. They set a goal and set aside some money each paycheck until they can afford the next step. It's called managing your money, not being rich.

I'm not terribly fond of touch screens, but they're here to stay. Using a touch screen serves to drive home the designer's incentive to reduce cost while still delivering a result. Individual controls, switches and the wiring cost more to copy than the program code behind a touch screen.

Code is insanely cheap to copy. Switches, controls and wires not so much.

Maybe but I know the touch screens used on some of the machines at work cost $1500 each. Nothing special about them either. Somebody broke one a couple months ago and I was shocked to find out that a basic touch screen about an inch thick and roughly 8 inches by 10 inches was that much.

Rich??? Are avid hunters/shooter rich? Some pay that much for a single rifle. Are bass fishermen rich? Ever check out the price of a decent bass boat? Are classic car enthusiasts rich? A classic muscle car can take TENS of thousands of dollars to finish........and several years, but pretty much all such folks I know are far from rich. They set a goal and set aside some money each paycheck until they can afford the next step. It's called managing your money, not being rich.
People who will never have $4,300 to spend on a hobby toy see people who can afford such things as the rich people. That's just the way it is. Some guys would have to skrimp and save for years to afford something like this and if that is their case ..... they probably have no business even contemplating such a purchase. We shouldn't Wallet Shame radio hobbyists who don't have as much money as that other guy over there.

People who will never have $4,300 to spend on a hobby toy see people who can afford such things as the rich people. That's just the way it is. Some guys would have to skrimp and save for years to afford something like this and if that is their case ..... they probably have no business even contemplating such a purchase. We shouldn't Wallet Shame radio hobbyists who don't have as much money as that other guy over there.

Doesn't matter if it is about radio or anything else. It's all about priorities. People shouldn't have to live in squaller because Big Daddy wanted to buy that bass boat or that Wizard amplifier in the name of being the loudest on the band just to have his ego stroked either, but it does happen. Right on this forum we have seen people talk about wanting to put together a station capable of several kilowatts, like 10K or more, but they can't until their tax rebate comes in, and then they state that they should spend it on new flooring or house repairs or a newer vehicle, but the station comes first. Again, it's all about priorities. Hell I want a legal limit amp too, and for me that is 2250 watts pep, but I don’t have one. I put my family and basic needs and creature comforts ahead of that. I may not live next door to the poor house, but I am far from being rich too. Truth be told, I could buy pretty much any amp on the market right now and pay ca$h for it, but those damn priorities and the fact that I like to keep a few buck$ available for unknown circumstances keeps that money in the bank. What else do you consider only available to the rich? Have you priced new vehicles lately? What about vacations? I haven't been anywhere since the fall of 2019 and won't be this year either, likely due to the covid BS and travel chaos still happening. I continued to stash my money away and decided to put $10K cash down on a John 1025R sub-compact tractor with loader and mower deck that totalled just under $30K. Does that make me rich? I think not. It means I manage my money. Yes I may have more than some, but I certainly do not have nearly as much as a LOT of people out there. Then again, they are still paying their stuff off while the only bill I have is for the tractor and those payments are insignificant. What you call only available to the rich, I call jealously.

Reactions: Ranch55

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated