• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New MFJ 6 Meter & 10 Meter Moxon Antennas

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
This is a press release that was sent to me from MFJ concerning their new 6m and 10m Moxon antennas:

New! MFJ 6 and 10 Meter Moxon Antennas!

MFJ-1890, 10-Meter Moxon, $84.95
MFJ-1896, 6-Meter Moxon, $69.95

moleculo-albums-miscellaneous-picture3481-mfj-1896-moxon.jpg

The[FONT=&quot] Moxon antenna (invented by Les Moxon -- SK 2004, G6XN) is similar to a 2-element yagi, although elements are folded and spaced to eliminate the need for impedance matching. [/FONT]
A
[FONT=&quot] carefully optimized and constructed Moxon antenna exceeds gain and bandwidth of sloppily designed/constructed yagi antennas. A Moxon is also smaller than typical yagis and much smaller than typical j-pole antennas.[/FONT]
Henceforth
[FONT=&quot], they are great for limited spaces and even antenna restricted neighborhoods. They are winter-storm tough but extremely light-weight (MFJ-1890 weighs 8 lbs. and MFJ-1896 weighs under 5 lbs.). They are easy-to-put up so you can take them on outdoor adventures! Each antenna feed point is an SO-239 pigtail. [/FONT]
MFJ’s
[FONT=&quot] 6-Meter version features a low SWR and broad cardioid pattern with a 5.5 dBi forward gain, high front-to-back ratio. Element span is a compact 7 feet on a 34-inch boom with a turning radius of under four feet. This is your best choice for the “magic band” as the sun spot count rises and legendary band openings return. Also, it is easy to pack-up-and-go on those exciting mountain-topping and rover adventures![/FONT]
MFJ’s
[FONT=&quot] 10-Meter version boasts a 3.3 dBi forward gain and 30 dB of interference killing front-to-back rejection. Spans a mere 12 feet on a lightweight 50-inch boom. Easily mounts anywhere using lightweight TV hardware. [/FONT]

MFJ-1890 and MFJ-1896 areprotected by MFJ’s famous NoMatterWhatTM one year limited warranty. MFJ will repair or replace (at our option) your MFJ antennas no matter what for one complete year.

To order, receive a free catalog, or for your nearest dealer, call 1-800-647-1800; or write to: MFJ, 300 Industrial Park Road, Starkville, MS 39759; or go online: http://www.mfjenterprises.com; or fax to: 1-662-323-6551.

Reactions: 3 people

For the price?

Set up with a small TV rotor, this may be a winner for 10 meters I wonder how it would match on 10 and 11. Better than a Imax 200?????
anybody try one yet???

Got one of the 10 meter versions on the way. Going to see how well it works for 11 meters and give it a review.

Please tell me that you're gonna test it out vertical too and compare it to your omnis.... Dont forget the vertical crowd that wants to see how well it does for local distant contacts! :)

The one I just homebrewed indicates the potential for good performance and bandwidth across 10/11 meters is a likelihood. I will get mine tuned that way and operate it where I can. Perhaps my neighbor will test drive it on 10 meters for me.

It has been performing very well.

I can't help be remark upon how silly this ad line is "A [FONT=&quot] carefully optimized and constructed Moxon antenna exceeds gain and bandwidth of sloppily designed/constructed yagi antennas".[/FONT]
I have to wonder whether MFJ would be willing to say that it is better than a carefully optimized and well constructed Yagi?
Sorry, I just couldn't help thinking it was an awkward boast.

... "A [FONT=&quot]carefully optimized and constructed Moxon antenna exceeds gain and bandwidth of sloppily designed/constructed yagi antennas".[/FONT] an awkward boast.

boast?? what they are really saying is ,..... that design and construction being equal,.... a YAGI is a better antenna

Reactions: 3 people
I hear you.
OTOH, I have run both now, and the Moxon is the equal of any 2 element Yagi I've had up.

Being smaller than the 2 element Yagi, but performing as well, I'd say it is better.

I can't help be remark upon how silly this ad line is "A [FONT=&quot] carefully optimized and constructed Moxon antenna exceeds gain and bandwidth of sloppily designed/constructed yagi antennas".[/FONT]

Are these the same 3 element yagi's that the I-10k's and a few other omni's are outperforming?

The DB

I was going to order the 10 meter version but couldn't find it searching their website. Why? Because they mis-spelled it!! :laugh: That's MFJ for ya.

MFJ-1890

10-METER MOXOM ANTENNA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.