• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New numbers on FCC ARS licenses

todt061458 said:
I'm famous :D Darn and they did not even give this site credit. Just a link. So I say what do you all think ? cmon qrz readers join this site also and join in the fun. :watusay

I don't have anywhere else to go now :LOL: :p

Since certain folks have seen fit to take posts OUT of context from another board, maybe folks would like to read what I think HERE. It is really easy to take any writing out of context and conveniently ignore the surrounding conversation in order to denigrate another person. It is known as the cheap shot and the coward's (weak) way of attempting to twist, demean, or belittle another person who does not agree on an issue. For example, one of those posts carried here had 3 smileys in THAT forum (which Todt reluctantly acknowledged) because I was joking around a bit in THAT forum. So I will clarify yet again for those who specialize in the cheap shot.

I do not LIKE people who bring their sorry butts onto frequencies they are not authorized. PERIOD! Is THAT clear enough, Mr Todt?

I do not LIKE the equipment, "export" radios nor the amplifiers that show up with regularity on the 10 Meter band. PERIOD! Is *THAT* clear enough as well?

I do NOT like it that some of us do not have the integrity to respect any boundaries (in this case frequencies) and feel they have some special "rights" to talk on any frequency they want to simply because they happened to be born. Are there any ambiguities in THAT statement, Mr Todt? GOOD! I didn't THINK so!

It DOES P--- me off when I hear these people yapping on 10 Meters. They get NO respect from me. In fact, I might even start a CQ right on top of their frequency so long as there are no other LEGAL stations using the frequency first. And NO, NO, NO, they do NOT have protection in ANY rules from the operations of a legal station. Illegal stations have NO standing, thus NO protection from anything.

I have not, cannot, WILL not respect people who do this which is tantamount to theft from every licensed person in the land. And, therefore, I MAY belittle, degrade, make fun of, or scream AT those people who park their sorry (censored) on 10 meters or any other Amateur band. That includes poking fun at jargon, cutesy sayings, accents and smarmy greetings and closings that I hear in the ham bands from bootleggers. I hope this is clear enough for you, "sir".

There are TWO different groups at issue here. One is the legitimate CBer who remains in his assigned frequencies, runs a clean station and respects the law. He never causes trouble, and the hams never even know he is there. To THOSE CBers, my hat's off to you , gentlemen. The other group--the one YOU cannot separate from the legitimate CBers--THESE, I do NOT respect, never have, and never will. And if that bothers you, too bad.

To those CBers, or otherwise, who are willing to obey the laws designed to promote the most and best satisfaction the hobby can give, then WELCOME to Amateur Radio. For the "bad" group (extra channels, splattering amps, nope, I won't respect THAT!

And, finally, responding to the "What if Ceasar's law is bad?". If a law is bad, we are fortunate in the USA to have the means to get a law or regulation changed. Simply deciding to defy the law because YOU think it is bad makes you an anarchist, or an egomaniac that feels that laws he doesn't like don't have to be followed; IOW, ME special, ME not have to follow that law. For one thing, *most* of us are not qualified to KNOW if a radio regulation is "bad". Guess what! I won't respect THAT group, either. Which brings me right back to the group that busts the "freeband" wide open, has modified their radio to go outside a band, and openly trespasses on illegal frequencies. OH! I forgot, it's the SAME group. Again, I-do-not-and-will-not-show-respect-of-any-sort-to-or-for-said group. To a CB operator who is doing his thing down on channel 23 and not bothering the ham bands, more power to him. UM, maybe I should re-word that! :D How 'bout I'll respect this individual?

If that bothers you, if I joke around on another board in the context of THAT board, I don't care if it harelips every "BAD BOY" CB operator in the country, or YOU, either!! What's so hard about that?

Is this now clear to all? :D

CWM

I have no problem with how you feel as stated above. I am just puzzled .
Here was the initiating post of the other thread-

Posted: July 06 2006,20:51 QUOTE
Here is a post on a different forum about the reduction in ham licenses over the past few years:

What do you think is the solution?

Hams losing ground link

Here is what you posted-

Group: Ham Members
Posted: July 07 2006,08:21 QUOTE
There a lot of cliches you find on the CB boards. "Hams are ALL past 50 and ride around on Hoverounds" (no intentional slam at the handicapped-it's what you find on those boards). "Ham radio is dying and we CBers will git all them channels someday":D "Hams are all a bunch of grumpy old farts that don't have a life". And so it goes. Funny, most of the hams I meet tend to be from the upper strata of society (no class inferences intended or putdowns of people), and have a huge variety of interests. Many of them are teachers, lawyers, doctors, dentists, and higly technical people. They tend to be interested in woodworking, restoring old cars, internet, golf, sports and aviation, the latter catagory of whom often hold multi-engine ratings, Instrument and Commercial, jet-rated tickets. Then they have time for ham radio.

In reality, a lot of the put-downs among CBers results from insecurity and from the hams themselves. Many times the hams that visit the CB boards make those fellows nervous because they criticize many of the "sacred cows" of CB radio--a lot of which happens to be illegal to start with. And the CBers can't separate the legal from the illegal. So if a ham says anything against their 'export' radios, the splattering amps, and the "extree channels" it's ....."QUICK CIRCLE THE WAGONS!!!!!! THE INJUNS ARE COMIN'!!! THEM HAMMIES ARE THROWING OFF ON MY 'SPAY-SHUL RAH'TS'. THEY'RE A-MOCKIN' US CBERS!!!!!!!!!! It's only the illegal aspects the hams might be talking about, but, to them, it's ALL CB operators when it is actually ONLY the illegal activity that caused the ham to comment to start with! They don't stop to separate the two issues and it becomes a clouded issue with them. Thus, hams are "all" over 50, ride Hoverounds, don't take baths, and are guilty of more infractions than all the CBers combined!:p We know THAT is a lie, but is a frequent argument if such things as a person getting caught "freebanding" is posted. HA! If ALL the Amateur infractions and ALL the commercial radio infractions, both intentional and technical were tallied, it would pale in comparison to that of CB IF those violations were recorded and posted.

But that is at the heart of it. There will, perhaps, always be rivalry between the unregulated and passionate CB ops and hams. A number of us are guilty of pointing out CB's faults, and it is because it makes us FURIOUS to hear them echoing and splattering all over the place. We don't like having them on 10 Meters (truckers, mostly), and we get yelled at for saying so--even in here. I bet, if we admitted it, we'd laugh our you-know-whats off if FCC "sunsetted" CB by giving the manufacturers a few years to change over to some other type of band.
But then, if they did (and one reason they don't), we would just find them pirating anywhere they could including ALL our bands without rigorous enforcement; better to keep them "down on the farm" than to open up the pasture gate!:angry:

I don't know the answer.

The thread starter was looking for productive comments on a solution to declining numbers in ARS.
I don't understand how what you posted lent itself to the thread starters post. What seemed to be an honest attempt to look at a problem was turned into a CB/Ham issue. The numbers show a decline. Over 1000 in the past month. It is the numbers showing Amateur radio losing ground not cbers.

Happy_Hamer said:
I think EHAM has potential but everything seems,,,,,,,,I guess all over the place.

The web page needs a bit more structure and easier to navigate.

Amen! I have to admit, one thing that has remained constant is eHam's kludgy webpage. I could have coded that back in '95 with basic HTML code....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?