• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Powermax PM3 55 amp warranty beware...

Glad to hear that people are having no problems with Powermax power supplies. I was expecting to not have any problems either, but it seems Powermax customer service is a load of horse crap.

The VP of Sales disclosure of their warranty is really shocking to me. "I know these can be use on Ham/CB radio equipment BUT we dont guarantee that."

I did ask why there is a switch on the supply for converter use, but he just went round and round about power this and power that.
I dont see that exception listed anywhere in their return policy. Take screen shots and get your bank involved. Keep trying to communicate with him and save any reply you get. My bank would get a copy of the "haha" reply first.

I can forward the whole group email conversation to my bank if need be, but I was going to give DonRowe or Powermax the chance to make the situation right. As you can see, Powermax is a no go, so I will give DonRowe until middle of next week to issue me an RMA number. If they don't, then my bank will get involved.

My sister-in-law use to work at a major bank, and she was head of the fraud department, and she handled situations like this. As of right now, it looks like a three way call is in my future with a bank fraud investigator asking the questions.

Reactions: Tokin
Im wondering if donrowe took a return he couldn't return to powermax and just resold it so he wouldnt eat the loss, the next buyer would.
Like you said, why get a rep involved that quick?
As far as stand alone battery chargers they list one the PMBC series ADJ. All others are listed as 12v supply/ charger.

https://powermaxconverters.com/product-category/battery-chargers/
Screenshot_20200808-145514.png

Now mind you about 2 months ago I reported on here that my fan isn't kicking on with my straight 4 pill and the PM100.

Still isn't. I emailed PowerMax then, and got no response to the email. Could have been corona related. I dunno. I'm still using. I don't like the fact the fan has never ever came on yet.

Maybe I will try again. I too bought from Don Rowe. Had cheapest pricing.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
DonRowe did issue me a RMA, but it has to be shipped back to Powermax. Of course, Powermax will take a 20% re-stocking fee whether they test it or not.

According to the now disclosed Powermax warranty by Errin Tribble, you use it on ham/cb there is no warranty. If it makes dirty or clean power....it is working 100%...according to Errin.

There is a local RV camping park right down the road from me, and the owner bought it from me to use as a back up battery charger. I did give him a discount because I was going to lose money on shipping and re-stocking fee anyway, and now I do not have to deal with shipping the junk supply back to Powermax.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.