• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Digi Mic

Please, let me know.
Scotts Radios did a review of this mic with his President McKinley.

I just did a test. I took my stock mic from my President McKinley 1st gen. And with an RJ45 to P6 adaptor from Scott's radio I plugged my President McKinley stock mic into my Anytone 5555n ii and the audio circuit works. The up/down buttons semi-work. The down button moves the channel up and the up button does nothing. So I would assume the audio circuit for the Digimic should also work? I'm not concerned with up-down buttons that much. My president digimic should be here by next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miura
Scotts Radios did a review of this mic with his President McKinley.

I just did a test. I took my stock mic from my President McKinley 1st gen. And with an RJ45 to P6 adaptor from Scott's radio I plugged my President McKinley stock mic into my Anytone 5555n ii and the audio circuit works. The up/down buttons semi-work. The down button moves the channel up and the up button does nothing. So I would assume the audio circuit for the Digimic should also work? I'm not concerned with up-down buttons that much. My president digimic should be here by next week.
The mic audio working is something that has already been determined for some time. The question has really been on how to modify the internals of the mic in order to regain the button functions for some of the anytone radios. There's a video where a guy achieve it by adding a resistor but the buttons are backwards of where they are intended to be. I guess you can say that it works that way.

The mic audio working is something that has already been determined for some time. The question has really been on how to modify the internals of the mic in order to regain the button functions for some of the anytone radios. There's a video where a guy achieve it by adding a resistor but the buttons are backwards of where they are intended to be. I guess you can say that it works that way.
Ok, thanks... I did not see that post. The last I saw was that the mic would not work(with the Anytone 5555n ii). I guess that person was referring to the up/down buttons. Thanks for the clarification. The more I think about this I should have posted this elsewhere.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks... I did not see that post. The last I saw was that the mic would not work(with the Anytone 5555n ii). I guess that person was referring to the up/down buttons. Thanks for the clarification. The more I think about this I should have posted this elsewhere. I confirmed it the President Digimic does NOT play well with the Anytone 5555n II. As soon as the mic is plug into the radio the channels start changing very rapidly.

The Digi Mic has been sitting on the shelf for over a week now. Since I did some switching around of radios, the time has come to install and test.

Decided to attach it to the George FCC instead of the McKinley. The mic feels good in hand and weights a bit more than the stock mic. Did a radio check and the feedback is good. Too bad I can't hear it for myself. President did a good job this go round. I think I will get another for the McKinley.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?