• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Digi Mic

The pinout is the same as the quad 6 but by chance has anyone verified it to work with one? I know the channel buttons will likely not work but if the audio is good then it's enormous for me.

It's a slightly odd looking mic but the reviews on it are great.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I received my digimike June 15th 2023 and as far as I can tell it has zero noise cancellation. I have not done an actual road test but a bench test watching my modulation meters it picks up a large amount of background noise regardless of the settings. More so on setting five then with NRC off.

I received my digimike June 15th 2023 and as far as I can tell it has zero noise cancellation. I have not done an actual road test but a bench test watching my modulation meters it picks up a large amount of background noise regardless of the settings. More so on setting five then with NRC off.
Wow, maybe you have a bad one? Every video I've watched on that mic really praises it.

Reactions: Pez
lol, that was my first thought as well. everybody in the cb hobby is so into bright christmas lights in the radios, goofy colorful toy looking accessories, and that damn blue on every single thing. jeez, please stop already. its just so ridiculous and out of control.
Nope not everyone! I think electric blue LED's are a sign of trash and low value consumerism. Not as trashy as say Hunter Biden but close!!

Blue light destroys your vision especialy night vision, it disrupts your sleep duration, quality and ability to get to sleep. I failed to mention it is harsh on the eye's and creates eye strain as well!

Red was chosen because it does not damage your night vison as much as all other colors so it is ideal for use in cars, trucks, airplanes, military vehicles. It also is not as easy to observe at a distance. So you typical saw some shade of red or orange. Green is a soothing color and was also used for a while.

I would rather companies work on making stuff that works and is durable and the opposite of trendy garbage made in China! I am 50 years old and while I did have to start wearing glasses to drive at night time and bifocals to read up close I am not so blind that I can not find the mic connected to the end of the radio. Surely we do not need glowing bits on the mic. If your eye sight is that bad you should prob. not be driving at night time and not operating a mobile radio.

Now if we could have a cheap/affordable NRC/DSP that was plug and play, always on and in the audio chain for RX. The small DSP modules are too expensive and they require too much user input.

Since it is not a linear or power mic and would likely not come in ark welding blue led's it would not sell in the CB market!

thanks for that.

here is the pinout from the manual.

View attachment 63687

and the pinout of the SS9900 (same as quad6) according to Eldorado828
View attachment 63688

at best you would need to re-wire it. at worst it may still not work. i dunno

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. PIN 2 is NOT the channel up/down on a Q6 or a CRT9900 mic; they are on PIN 3 with the PTT. This link has the correct wiring info for a Q6 or CRT9900 mic/radio:

Until we can get a schematic for the DigiMike, we will have to go on some assumptions. This youtube video shows the inside of the DigiMike:

As you can see it has a 48 pin IC (probably a DAC - not a QA8560) among other components. All of these IC's run on 5v or less.

To answer the question regarding can it be used on a Q6 or 9900 is it depends. President radios have 13+volts DC on pin 6; the Q6 & 9900 have 8v DC. As long as all of the circuitry in the DigiMike runs on 8V or less, then it should plug in and work.

***NOTE*** - The Channel Buttons will Not work and may damage the Q6 & CRT9900 - DON'T USE!

According to the manual, the channel buttons are dual function - they change channels and they change the NRC level. That being the case, it would take some modification to make them work with the Q6 & 9900. It is possible, but probably not worth the effort.

Three videos. first with interesting test, second what's inside etc, third I did make channel buttons to work on my CRT SS 9900 so far radio works fine after using for a month or so. I didn't have to rewire anything on it, when you buy this and plug it to CRT SS 9900 everything works besides one channel button. I tried on 5555N II and didn't work, radio was fricking out and changing channels by it self, most likely needs rewiring and maybe adding extra power wire for pin 6 on digimike , not sure about that. Did not test it on Anytone 6666, I am assuming that since it works on CRT SS 9900 it will work same way on 6666. 73.

-

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.