• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Digi Mic

right on. would like to see it tested in a noisy environment, like a noisy vehicle such as a jeep with a soft top.
Sadly I don't own a Jeep with a soft top, I just showed what the different levels sounded like on TX, more testing soon (I made the video yesterday) I'm in the UK. I'm pretty sure the levels are for noisy environments and it was very windy with gales in the background, it seemed to cut that out.

Sadly I don't own a Jeep with a soft top, I just showed what the different levels sounded like on TX, more testing soon (I made the video yesterday) I'm in the UK. I'm pretty sure the levels are for noisy environments and it was very windy with gales in the background, it seemed to cut that out.
Just to clarify, is it noise reduction on the tx or Rx?
Thx.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Just to clarify, is it noise reduction on the tx or Rx?
Thx.
Whilst it has a small speaker inside, i'm assuming the element? (you can hear the robotic voice telling you the level (1-5) it is not for the RX, it is for TX, my video does show slight differences in output, but minimal, I just wanted to see if there was different audio output, on the different stages, I agree the supplied circuit diagram doesn't show much at all. It does take it's power from the "Hot" microphone lead from the radio, but not really a power mic, in the old style we all know. I wondered why it is Digimike and not "DigiMic" but maybe Mike invented it (joking)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
any noisy environment tests will do. thanks so much for sharing your findings. :)

Reactions: Oggy
damn blue on every single thing. jeez, please stop already. its just so ridiculous and out of control.
I know you hate the blue as you've stated in previous post I believe. But I for one like the blue color, it's the red I can't stand. But everyone has their preferences. When LC was working on my Madison the color question came up and my answer was, anything but red.

Here is a good review of this microphone. At least I don't have to eat the microphone like I would a Ranger SRA-198 or an Astatic 636.

Also, does anybody know if this mic will work on the Anytone radios with six pin such as Quad 6?

thanks for that.

here is the pinout from the manual.

President_Digi_Mic_pinout(manual).png

and the pinout of the SS9900 (same as quad6) according to Eldorado828
SS9900_WIRING_MIC_CABLE.jpg

at best you would need to re-wire it. at worst it may still not work. i dunno

Reactions: snippits75
We got them in at the shop yesterday and did a road test. I am pleased to report sound quality and volume are equal to the stock mic. I was on the receive test and audio was clear and noise free even with the windows down. This mic is larger and heavier than the stock mic and the channel buttons are far enough up that you wont hit them by accident.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated