• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Washington Mobile Radio?

After looking at the specs I think it's very likely the 6666 pro and the new Washington have the same board. 481 euros for the 6666 pro is north of $720 Canadian; which is an obscene price to pay for a CB radio. I suspect the President Washington will be even more expensive than that, especially up here in Canada.
I for one will be waiting for others to buy and test these new offerings before I even get the tiniest bit excited, and even if they turn out to be amazing radios I'm not sure I'll be spending that kind of money. Crap, I could buy 2 more 555N2's for less than the price of the new 6666 pro.........

I want to be a Guinee pig, I normally don't get excited about digital radios but the automatic relay function would be valuable here in the hill country. Hopefully it will work in simplex mode. I wish I could find more info on the automatic repeat function on the George II export.
Also president warranty service is some of the best.

But would Uncle Charlie even notice?
Uncle Charlie would neither notice nor care. They probably think it's hilarious that CB'ers are hell-bent on destroying their own band with ever increasing amounts of idiots, noise toys, splattering amps and general chaos & discontent.
Once the band has been totally ruined they will seize the frequencies and auction them off to the highest bidder. Maybe the hams will bid $10 and get 11 meters back LOL!

Image credit to Simon the wizard blog2024-05-26.jpeg
It looks like it will work like the simplex repeater I hear on 27.195 when the skip is right. Seems more like a useful tool than a dumb noise toy.

Reactions: Pez
Uncle Charlie would neither notice nor care. They probably think it's hilarious that CB'ers are hell-bent on destroying their own band with ever increasing amounts of idiots, noise toys, splattering amps and general chaos & discontent.
Once the band has been totally ruined they will seize the frequencies and auction them off to the highest bidder. Maybe the hams will bid $10 and get 11 meters back LOL!
BC Coyote,Do you really believe that the FCC would go so far as taking 11 meter's away someday and restore back as a amateur band,or give to someone else so to speak?? I thought the FCC gave up on the CB radio as a whole year's ago....... just curious on your thoughts on this..........

well shoot!

I was kind of getting excited about this one as it looks like it might be sold here in the US as a 10 meter rig, meaning that it's probably convertable.

however, it looks from the specs that its not a single DIN size chassis.
that takes it out of the running for me.
LC

Reactions: AudioShockwav
BC Coyote,Do you really believe that the FCC would go so far as taking 11 meter's away someday and restore back as a amateur band,or give to someone else so to speak?? I thought the FCC gave up on the CB radio as a whole year's ago....... just curious on your thoughts on this..........
It was supposed to be a joke! The FCC doesn't want the band and I'm fairly certain the hams that were advocating for it's return are all silent keys now too.......
So nothing to worry about.

well shoot!

I was kind of getting excited about this one as it looks like it might be sold here in the US as a 10 meter rig, meaning that it's probably convertable.

however, it looks from the specs that its not a single DIN size chassis.
that takes it out of the running for me.
LC
Yes, the George is too big for single DIN mounting in the dash and the Washington will also be too big for that. President McKinley EU with the front firing speaker is the best best if you want extra channels and dash mount.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1