• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Radio from Ranger

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Good evening, was visiting the Walcott site and I saw this, interesting that this reminds me of the Galaxy 2547 CB radio, wonder if Ranger is moving away from the Big Black Base style and going for more compact and the Price seems decent enough,just wondering what board will be in it..i/e Ranger 2950,2995,etc......will have to see how it preforms once someone gets the hands on one!!!
73's
Screenshot_20240114-163946.png

I am sure your right, it's likely just another 69xx board in a galaxy case.Screenshot_20240114-140718~2.png
I don't understand why they dropped the RHF 618 case style over that one, if they kept that style, dressed it up a bit and stuck a waterfall display in it with NR/DSP they would have something really new.

Jeff

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
$805.00 Canadian plus shipping ! You would have to be insane to spend that money on any CB radio, let alone a Ranger LOL!
You can get a very decent used Icom or Kenwood ham rig for less than that and have a really competent radio......

Reactions: codeman
I looked at this on Walcott and it has button for GNF. ? It's a "Gabble Noise Filter" wtf is that?

According to the definition of Gabble:
"talk rapidly and unintelligibly; utter meaningless sounds"

So does flipping this GNF on channel 6 allow one to finally understand what these guys are talking about?
I saw that,and I'm thinking that's got to be a misprint of word's, LoL

They need to try harder with quality control for sure. They need to address some long standing engineering issues with their radios......like the circuit boards that are slightly bent to fit them in, causing issues with cold solder joints (which shouldn't be there), and the pins connecting to the board.
But they also need to bring the price way way down !! You can buy a radio with much better build quality, that works perfectly right out of the box (looking at you Anytone), and often has more/better features/power output, and for a fraction of the price Ranger wants for a new radio! It's ridiculous really...........

Ranger is trying really hard, but they need to try a little harder.
I agree.
It's not like they can't buy a Anytone and reverse engineer the boards to see how they have developed the NR and DSP.
After all this is how the original Uniden board designs were cloned.
( and stop printing RT something on mystery mosfets)

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.