• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ride

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Just got a 2000 Ranger Supercab, 4x4 Off Road. I had an antenna that was kinda small but worked on 10m though not very far. Sunday I went to a picnic a Repeater club was having and a guy there said he had an extra new Wilson 5000. He wondered if I would be interested in it. New in the box. So I bought it and I can't believe the difference that antenna made. We adjusted it using an analyzer. That was a new experience for me. They work pretty neat ! I'm still amazed at how well that antenna works. For a radio I am using a Titan Roadpro that is doing about 15w SSB.

sonwatcher-albums-my-shack-other-meanderings-picture2161-2000-ranger-supercab-4x4-off-road-package.jpg

Do you have the 4 or the 6? I am interested in the mileage you get. I have a friend with a 2000 ranger extra cab 2 wheel drive automatic with the 6 and he gets the absolute worst mileage I have ever seen. Around 10-11 mpg. What do you get?

Many moons ago I had a 2002 Ranger 4x4 ext cab, stepside, auto with the v6...16mpg overall

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.