• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sirio Performer 5000 Fighter

"...but since 102" whips are being mentioned..."

- OK, I love my "MorphTenna".

Took a 4' Wilson Silverload, removed the shrink-wrap and all the silver wire except enough to lazy-wrap 3 turns from the 3/8 x 24 bottom up to the tuning tip collar.

Then added a slightly cut down Wilson 1000 whip until tuned.

Added 2 layers of 14ga copper wire wrapped around the tuning tip collar, then soldered it to add strength.
Shrink-wrapped the whole affair, leaving only the tuning tip collar & 1000 whip exposed.

A very good performer, and much friendlier overall than a 102" SS whip. Stays more upright at Freeway speeds but easily absorbs tree limbs, fuel station roofs, low flying owls, etc.
I use a 4-mag mount but shall be switching to a Puck on the new vehicle.

Reactions: BammBamm
so can anyone tell me what is the latest sirio 5000..i see there is a trucker and one which light up and a a camo model..also is there a sirio mag mount which is bigger than the 145l.
I'm not struck on the rg 58 coax can someone recomend a low loss coax to use and the right coax length to use.i think I read the sirio coax length was to short and can give a false swr reading.
so is the sirio 5000 pl the best mobile antenna you can get. also is there a better mag mount.
how far away do you think we are for a newer sirio 5000 maybe a 6000
thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.