• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sirio Performer 5000 Fighter

"...but since 102" whips are being mentioned..."

- OK, I love my "MorphTenna".

Took a 4' Wilson Silverload, removed the shrink-wrap and all the silver wire except enough to lazy-wrap 3 turns from the 3/8 x 24 bottom up to the tuning tip collar.

Then added a slightly cut down Wilson 1000 whip until tuned.

Added 2 layers of 14ga copper wire wrapped around the tuning tip collar, then soldered it to add strength.
Shrink-wrapped the whole affair, leaving only the tuning tip collar & 1000 whip exposed.

A very good performer, and much friendlier overall than a 102" SS whip. Stays more upright at Freeway speeds but easily absorbs tree limbs, fuel station roofs, low flying owls, etc.
I use a 4-mag mount but shall be switching to a Puck on the new vehicle.

Reactions: BammBamm
so can anyone tell me what is the latest sirio 5000..i see there is a trucker and one which light up and a a camo model..also is there a sirio mag mount which is bigger than the 145l.
I'm not struck on the rg 58 coax can someone recomend a low loss coax to use and the right coax length to use.i think I read the sirio coax length was to short and can give a false swr reading.
so is the sirio 5000 pl the best mobile antenna you can get. also is there a better mag mount.
how far away do you think we are for a newer sirio 5000 maybe a 6000
thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.