• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sirio Tornado 27

Marconi,, just so you know the dimension # 9 your looking for,,,,, the mounting flange/pipe is not a part of the antenna, not connected to the first section, there is the insulated plastic that seperates the 2 parts, the mounting pipe from the radiator

Camaro1, check the link below. It shows a fellow open his T27 box and inside is part #9 on top. This is Part #9 in the manuals parts list.

This Part #9 I need an overall length dimension.This is the part the guy is holding in his hand at the beginning of the video.

Part #1, the 5 tubes are stacked inside each other. The guy counts 6 pieces, but the 6th one is the part "L" the tuneable tip. I need an overall length dimension for the 5 parts assembled...just as my image attached below shows in the brackets.

I include the mounting stub for the mast in the Eznec model too, so I need that length dimensions as well. Don't worry about this part, the Eznec feed point feature takes care of this isolation going on inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.pdf
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Camaro1, check the link below. It shows a fellow open his T27 box and inside is part #9 on top. This is Part #9 in the manuals partsI list.

This Part #9 I need an overall length dimension.This is the part the guy is holding in his hand at the beginning of the video.

Part #1, the 5 tubes are stacked inside each other. The guy counts 6 pieces, but the 6th one is the part "L" the tuneable tip. I need an overall length dimension for the 5 parts assembled...just as my image attached below shows in the brackets.

I include the mounting stub for the mast in the Eznec model too, so I need that length dimensions as well. Don't worry about this part, the Eznec feed point feature takes care of this isolation going on inside.

I actually ordered my coax late last night. 62' of LMR400. I'm having the ends professionally installed also. Hopefully I will have it soon. I will get the 2 measurements for you when I install it.

Good news. Give us a report what happened if you know and what you had to do to your antenna.
Ok Marconi here it is.
Section #1 is 195 3/8"
Section #9 is 44 3/8"
Remember my original setting was 35" on the tip just to get it halfway decent. Now my antenna tip is at 41 1/4" right where it suppose to be. Must be no reflect because my antenna is right now 18' off the ground and the radials are just 5' above the metal roof. I will post a picture. 12784535_740380776061372_180627227_n.jpg New Coax.jpg

Reactions: 543_Dallas
This explains why my rings had to be all the way up also on my Antron 99.

959, what is the description and history of the old coax?

How old and how long installed outside to the A99, etc?

Have you checked, tested, or done anything else to the old coax, like remove or attempt to repair either connector?

If you can, what is your <2.00:1 SWR bandwidth?

Last edited:
Glad you got it straightened out. What happens the SWR when you add a jumper now?
Ok Dallas when I add the 1' jumper which is Times Microwave LMR240 with ends soldered by the same guy as my new LMR400 it barley moves either needle the SWR or the Resistance.
Ok if I add the cheap chinese truckstop RG59 3' jumper it does this
27.205 SWR=almost 1.4 and Resistance about 75.

959, what is the description and history of the old coax?

How old and how long installed outside to the A99, etc?

Have you checked, tested, or done anything else to the old coax, like remove or attempt to repair either connector?

If you can, what is your <2.00:1 SWR bandwidth?
The coax is 2yrs old this month. Its RG8U Foam approximate 50' length give or take a couple feet. I cut the end off to pull it through the floor to remove it. I plan on trying to fix the ends and putting the Antron 99 on my shed. I really don't know what your asking about the 2.00:1 SWR bandwidth?

Ok Dallas when I add the 1' jumper which is Times Microwave LMR240 with ends soldered by the same guy as my new LMR400 it barley moves either needle the SWR or the Resistance.
Ok if I add the cheap chinese truckstop RG59 3' jumper it does this
27.205 SWR=almost 1.4 and Resistance about 75.

I wouldn't sweat it, it sounds like you've got everything working like it should. I was just curious if the new run of coax stopped the crazy readings when you added a jumper.

Reactions: Galaxy 959
This is the new coax today before I adjusted the antenna. Keep in mind this is also with the antenna adjustment at 35" instead of 41 1/4" like it is now. The frequency is 6 channels off from the reading I took with the new coax. But its close enough to tell how messed up it was.
Old coax ch14.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 543_Dallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.