• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New SSB export radio coming soon - RCI X9

They are 500.00 ready to go at rrcom.com

GALAXY DX-99v2 + RM ITALY KL-7505v
$500 @ 265W

Greater width and more features.

GALAXY DX-86V + RM ITALY KL-7405
$350 @ 200W

Width-comparative

GALAXY 979 + RM ITALY KL-203
$250 @ 100W

Price bargain AM-SSB

979 + KL-7405
$360 @ 200W

Hits a triple.

My early-thread guesstimate was $360 for the Ranger.

Well, . . . down New Mexico way there’s a tech who may disagree in a new vid.
I got a report last week that mine sounded better and had more swing than anything else that I have been using. All subjective, but nonetheless... interesting. I have a large number of radios.

No pride of ownership here though. Galaxy radios are mostly junk held together with more junk. :) I turned on a 959 yesterday that has a few hours on it. I remember I had to fix the SWR bridge on it as it had a cold solder joint. Only the last 2 digits in the frequency counter lit. After about 30 minutes, all the digits came back. :p

I've got to say, aside from a little quality control follow up, I've owned many a Galaxy radios that have lived long useful lives. My first export was a Galaxy and that rig would talk the highways up really well. Since then had several and still own a few that come out of the box occasionally. I guess we all have an opinion from our own experiences

I've got to say, aside from a little quality control follow up, I've owned many a Galaxy radios that have lived long useful lives. My first export was a Galaxy and that rig would talk the highways up really well. Since then had several and still own a few that come out of the box occasionally. I guess we all have an opinion from our own experiences

Yeah. My ol’ DX-99 with 7505 will out-talk his re-badged “Galaxy” in range & clarity. Plus has better ears (DSP filter + Bandpass). For $700 it oughter. (My cost).

For another $50 I could put the 500W KL-703 behind the ft450d, huh? (My cost).

Yada yada BS fun. Some things I bought before I knew much. Now that I know enough to state confidently that I really don’t know anything (except high speed use), some gear or combinations I wouldn’t purchase again (makes me unique, yeah).

I’d be happy to have the radio that’s the subject of this thread. Size power and brand new.

As to bashing other brands someone around here WILL prove me wrong. Just for the hell of it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated