• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Starduster Antenna

Florida Starduster

Dec 26, 2023
This new starduster is nowhere as good as the original! Plus, parts missing and bent parts. It is going back. Junk.

Now, any suggestions. I prefer an out of the box, hook up and use antenna. I'm too old to be messing around with tuning etc.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

This new starduster is nowhere as good as the original! Plus, parts missing and bent parts. It is going back. Junk.

Now, any suggestions. I prefer an out of the box, hook up and use antenna. I'm too old to be messing around with tuning etc.
Antron 99,they work great and easy to setup,I had one back in the 90's and a Galaxy Saturn 25 Watts and worked the world.......I'm currently using a new Antron 99 and still works great,hope this helps you out!!

73's

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
If it arrived missing parts and bent wouldn't this be more of a distributor issue than a Sirio issue. Unless you ordered it directly from Sirio (don't think you can)? Whoever sold it to you should have caught the missing hardware and packaged it better to prevent damage.. Many members on here run Sirio antennas and have had good results so I'm going to have to disagree with you labeling them as "junk".

I second the Antron 99, I have had a great success with mine. I also use it on 10 meters with no modification and 12 meters with an antenna tuner. I spoke to England this morning on 12 meters (24.955) with it. Its much quieter than my long wire. They are very sturdy and hold up well to the weather in TN. I have had mine for about 2 years, once a year I take it down and tighten all the sections good and add a little dielectric grease to the threads. Its fiberglass so you don't have to worry about anything getting bent. I would not touch the tuning rings at all, they seem perfect from the factory for 11 meters and make sure you use those little star washers between the sections. often in a little clear bag stuck to the bottom of the shipping box,

Last edited:
I have never had a Sirio antenna but seems like 75 percent of the stations I work in Europe are using them. The other 25 run an Antron 99.
I talk to many CBers in England and they also like the Sigma Euro-Comm SE SF X80 with the HF-360 add on plus kit for 10-80 meters. I paid the freight and ordered one direct off eBay......complete frustration! I could not get that thing to work on any band. :ROFLMAO:

I know plenty of people who have this antenna and have great results. When/if I need a replacement, this will be the one I buy. And it's hard to beat the 99.00 price

I'm currently using the A99 35 feet up. I talk all over the globe when conditions are good.
Other antenna is the IMax 2000 (older model) it's a good one too.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanEagle575
I think that someone, somewhere had a problem with any antenna ever made. But I do know that the antenna will work much better if the weather is bad when you put it up. :rolleyes:

I have ran a Sirio Vector 4k for several years, only recently my mast broke and totaled it. So don't get one, it will break your mast.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.