• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Superstar 3900

Oh no, firmware glitch. Something about the export mode causes the radio to brick.

i found out some new info. apparently if you use the programing software to adjust the radio parameters, and the radio has been converted, the radio will brick itself. if you leave the radio factory stock, non converted, you can program it with the software without any issues. so the work around is to put a toggle switch between the conversion wire so you can use the radio widebanded, and when you want to make adjustments via software, just flip the toggle switch. the only problem is supposedly the manufacturer is only releasing the programing software to dealers at this point which is just stupid. we the end user should be allowed to adjust the functions like beep, tot, clarifier settings, eq settings, mic element setting etc.

i found out some new info. apparently if you use the programing software to adjust the radio parameters, and the radio has been converted, the radio will brick itself. if you leave the radio factory stock, non converted, you can program it with the software without any issues. so the work around is to put a toggle switch between the conversion wire so you can use the radio widebanded, and when you want to make adjustments via software, just flip the toggle switch. the only problem is supposedly the manufacturer is only releasing the programing software to dealers at this point which is just stupid. we the end user should be allowed to adjust the functions like beep, tot, clarifier settings, eq settings, mic element setting etc.
I wonder if it is the same firmware as the Ares2? That would explain it's delay to market. I should be receiving an Ares2 by the end of March. I hope they figure it out by then.

Reactions: groundwire

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.