• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Texas Ranger "Top One"

A while back, I sent an email to Galaxy Customer Service - https://www.galaxyradios.com/ - to ask about the current line of Galaxy DX CB Radios and why they seem to be non-existent on shelves, and when can we expect them back? Well, with the exception of the 979 G and 979 B which appear to be exactly the same except for a slight color variation on the channel selector. And if you have close to $300.00 one can be yours.

Three weeks ago now, and nothing but crickets....... Not a word back from them. No thank you for your question, we'll get back to you soon or kiss my ass. I have this vision in my head of a completely empty building full of dust and spider webs, and management are all huddled in a corner saying over and over.. "what do we do?"

Hmm. Grant XL was replaced by the Grant LT around 1997 or maybe earlier. CPI inflation calculator says that 150 bucks in 1997 is equal to 286 microbucks in 2023.

So where is a handy time-travel machine when you need one?

I'm still using my original / non-modified Unden Grant XL I purchased in 2002 for $185.00. All capacitors were replaced in 2022.

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.