1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

New thread to debate V-4000

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by nosepc, Nov 12, 2013.

1. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

Shockwave, if antennas operating at 50 miles, they do in Fresnel Zone, not on the horizon.
    This indicates that the antennas radiate to the clouds, not the horizon.
    It is highly unlikely a range beyond the 30 horizontal miles, so it is in a desert area.

Greetings
    Ernesto.

2. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

And I think that free discussion is very healthy for amateur radio, which is full of magical beliefs about inexitentes properties on the devices, many of them invented by petty commercial reasons.

WorldwideDX wish to remain what it is, a forum of free opinion, is the best for everyone.

I put tests have even shown CEBIK unfortunate mistakes, I respect, but made incredible mistakes in their calculations, how EZNEC modified drawings that can not be achieved with the actual software, in the case of J-pole antenna as I demonstrated.

Whoever accepts valid miscalculations, accepts fantastic properties in real objects.

Greetings to everyone.

#392 nosepc, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  3. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

NoSee, free discussion can be an excellent way for members to learn. I'm all for it. If this forum did not allow free discussion, you would not have had this opportunity to express all of the inaccurate ideas you've imagined. You have gone well beyond that freedom into an aggressive effort to confuse others in an attempt to make them just as misinformed as yourself. That's where this forum differs from the others. You've seen that when you become a nuisance to those who want to learn, you have been ejected from the forum to prevent the spread of false info. Another aspect of this forum I'm in full support of. If you feel you have any evidence to support your confused thoughts, share them or shut up before you turn everyone against you!

The DB likes this.
  4. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

Because the Dominator, J-pole and Zepp are electrically identical in function, and are similar to all other end-fed antennas in problems, pages on J-poles, Zepps, and end-fed verticals overlap.

In this case, V-4000 and simmilars, are Cone or Sleeve Decoupling.
    The radials decouplin planes are bent upwards to form a vertical sleeve or cone. This could be done with a hollow pipe, making the feed coaxial.

This does not add any gain to the antenna, it's just a way to coax and possible decoupling irradiation currents are automatically deleted, how any coaxial sleeve, how to coax every quarter sleeves wavelength used as Balun , that's what they are. It has just 1/4 wave.

The information available on the internet about it, is beside extensive.

And I did not write, can give it as valid.

Greetings to everyone

5. The DB

The DB Sr. Member

This is a forum of fact, not opinion. If your opinions were based in fact then people would stand up for you... As you can see, that isn't happening, you stand alone.

So you are saying a dated program, that has known and well documented issues doing what you did in your test, namely the upward pointing radials on the Vector 4000 design, is absolute proof that one of the greatest minds in the history of radio is wrong? Really? If you are going to make such a claim why don't you use something a bit more modern, such as CST, or CadFeko, either of which I'm sure are beyond your price range and skill level to use. You also need to demonstrate that you are worthy of being in his league, something you have clearly shown is not the case...

You are good at describing yourself, keep it up...

The DB

Robb likes this.
  6. Robb

Robb Yup

What did you expect, DB?
    His grid dip meter is going to eat your antenna analyzer . . .
    Oooooh!

7. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

Since J-poles only use the bottom 1/4 for matching and the Vector uses the bottom 1/4 wave to radiate CMC's, your argument is invalid. On the other hand what you have described is partially responsible for what takes place inside the cone. You pointed out that end fed verticals suffer from heavy CMC by using W8JI's article. Now that it's been pointed out that CMC could be useful, you refuse to accept the reality that this design has made effective use of the CMC by allowing them to radiate in phase with the upper vertical. If you actually understood antennas remotely close to the level you imitate, you would have understood the 90 degree phase shift inside the cone and how that automatically brings the exposed portion of the vertical radiator into a constructive phase with respect to the CMC radiating from the outside of the cone.

All of this is clearly shown in the antennas radiation current model provided by CST. Because you have nothing to stand on, you attempt to downplay the CST evidence that absolutely proves you wrong. You would love to convince people that it's just an animated cartoon rather than the direct output of a $2,500 software analysis done on the model. You have chosen a losing battle here by trying to debunk fact with myth like many "J-Pole experts" before you. Now if you could just get some real world field tests to support your imagination, you might be able to fool a few people.

8. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the Sirio GainMaster Antenna . She has no opposite phase currents.

Tne Vector 4000 have powerfuls opposites currents.

If you follow the green color seen is the complete phase inversion and zero irradiation of the antenna, you will see that this antenna radiates it completely. This field does not exist in the GM

The CST model of a SIRIO VECTOR 4000 antenna diplay this in slow motion in the following animation.. Not see the who will not see

[​IMG]

There are more individual images ..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

time during which the antenna irradiation is auto canceled

[​IMG]

Of course I see what you not see, but you confuse half-wave irradiation with the cone.Both are outdated and not in phase as you say.

[​IMG]

See that cone leaves a green color that is the variation of field AND PHASE CHANGE.
    Therefore, the cone is in antiphase(yellow & blues colors) with the rest of the antenna.

In any case the emission of the cone gives loss to the antenna.

In this picture, we see that the phases are perfectly changed inside and at the bottom of the cone, a part is blue, the other yellow, or that are not in phase

if they were on stage. the red color would be the left side and blue on the right, however are extrapolated, with an inverted phase of 180 degrees, so if there is emission is 180 degrees out of phase, which makes NEGATIVE

if so be collinear, and in phase, CST modeling both colors would be on the same side.

greetings.

Ernesto

9. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

I'm sorry but only an idiot would confuse the two points throughout any sinewave where they cross phase with zero current as a cancellation of radiation. Not to mention this is the second time you've made the same mistake. You'll notice the GM also has these points where little to no radiation is taking place. Do you think that indicates currents have been canceled? Don't try to manipulate the info to meet your distorted views. Explain the two separate and in phase radiation currents shown in CST when the antenna is actually being excited by RF current. Not when the field is collapsing through the crossover point in any given cycle of RF.

10. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

Shockwave.

The Dominator antenna CST animation, look like ordinary transmission line, with conflicting and oposite currents.

That does not happen in Gainmaster antenna CST animation.

Greetings.

11. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

The only appreciable currents of opposing phase are confined within the cone. Once you start viewing the CST model at the maximum current of the applied sinewave rather than the minimum point, you can begin to explain how the two separate and in phase radiation currents along all exposed surfaces are not the "non apparent collinear" Cebik described. WE ARE ALL WAITING.......

12. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

Shockwave, with all my respect..

:rolleyes: in my #398 message :rolleyes:....... not see this ... rather, the opposite ..

greetings Ernesto.

13. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

With all due respect (none), it comes as no surprise you can not see the facts. You've spent so much time manipulating them that you've gone in complete denial over the most important images in the entire model. The ones where maximum current is exciting the radiator. You avoid my questions altogether since they would absolutely prove your ideas are false myth. You won't even touch my question about the two separate and in phase radiation currents the CST model shows because YOU CAN'T. However, you're sure everyone else including Cebik is wrong. You're approaching the definition of insanity.

14. bob85

bob85 Supporting Member

those currents do exist in the gainmaster, they are inside the coax that forms the lower half of the antenna not shown on the animation, it looks like sirio modeled a 5/8wave wire dipole,

i don't understand cst, can you explain what you see in this picture nosee?

[​IMG]

15. nosepc

nosepc On Vacation

upload_2014-9-9_23-50-38.png

see you the opposite and destructive courrents?? Or you are blinded??

This courrents are inexitent in animation of CST Gainmaster antenna.

greetings.

Just
    looking at the colors on the display doesn't tell you everything because it is
    near-field field intensity, and doesn't necessarily correspond with far-field
    radiation.

"When the mast and feedline is included in the model, the "Dominator" falls apart. The exception to this is if we add a groundplane at the junction of the cone and the mast and coax.

Many antennas get modeled without proper representation of feedlines." - W8JI. -

"I was an engineer at Avanti when the Sigma IV design was being built.
    It's a J pole- nothing more and nothing less. No magic," - Dale W4OP -

#405 nosepc, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014