• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New (to me) radio

I keep coming back to look at the picture of your rig. It really is gorgeous! There are some qsl cards available on WB4HFN's site that are original Kenwood items. Your rig looks every bit as good or better! Any chance you might make a video of it in operation?

Brett

I can do that....I'll charge up the GoPro tomorrow evening and get a video to post up. I've had the 830 on most of the day. Did some dipole maintenance since the weather was nice and got the one dipole up to about 70 ft. 40 meters is in really good shape tonight. But, I think I'm shutting down to watch an episode of Daredevil before I turn in.

Reactions: 2RT307
I can do that....I'll charge up the GoPro tomorrow evening and get a video to post up. I've had the 830 on most of the day. Did some dipole maintenance since the weather was nice and got the one dipole up to about 70 ft. 40 meters is in really good shape tonight. But, I think I'm shutting down to watch an episode of Daredevil before I turn in.
Cool! Have you checked into the Kenwood hybrid net on 20 or 40 yet? They usually have a pretty good turnout.

Brett

Reactions: RatsoW8
Funny you mention that net. I found it last week while browsing around for all things hybrid. I have yet to check in though.

I think net control is in Ohio. I can barely make the 20 meter net, and forget about 40. Too far for me during that time of the day. They usually have about 12-20 check ins, so it's not one of those that takes forever and a day.

On edit, I have checked in once with my TS-520, and once on my TS-830S. They keep track of it, so if you check in again, they'll remember you.

Brett

Last edited:
Reactions: RatsoW8
Working on it...I did check into the Hybrid Net a couple weeks ago and then this past weekend but 40 was so bad I I didnlt hear anyone. That's rare.

Between work and re-doing the upstairs - i.e., painting, floor re-finishing, pulling carpet, etc..my old arse is dragging. :notworthy:

Working on it...I did check into the Hybrid Net a couple weeks ago and then this past weekend but 40 was so bad I I didnlt hear anyone. That's rare.

Between work and re-doing the upstairs - i.e., painting, floor re-finishing, pulling carpet, etc..my old arse is dragging. :notworthy:
40 has been a turd lately... no surprise there. No worries on the video, just thought I'd rattle your cage. :)

Brett

Damn I missed this thread completely somehow. Nice rig. I want a TS-830S myself. Currently have a TS-520 with matching external VFO and DG-5 digital display which I need to pick up. It has been on loan to someone who is now SK. :( I also have a TS-820S in GREAT shape along with the matching external VFO-802, the SP-820 speaker, and the AT-200 antenna tuner and MC-50 microphone. It is truly a wonderful rig but I NEED a TS-830 to fulfill my Kenwood hybrid fix.

Damn I missed this thread completely somehow. Nice rig. I want a TS-830S myself. Currently have a TS-520 with matching external VFO and DG-5 digital display which I need to pick up. It has been on loan to someone who is now SK. :( I also have a TS-820S in GREAT shape along with the matching external VFO-802, the SP-820 speaker, and the AT-200 antenna tuner and MC-50 microphone. It is truly a wonderful rig but I NEED a TS-830 to fulfill my Kenwood hybrid fix.
TS-520 (not "s") and TS-830S here. No peripheral stuff, but they are great rigs!

Brett

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARELY-USED...721415?hash=item281c8d6947:g:5FEAAOSwRgJXjGAe

If you don't mind a tech special (and a bit of a ride to pick it up) there's one near me on craigslist.(y)

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/ele/5677982488.html

Thanks but not looking for anything at the moment. Need to re-shingle the roof of the house this summer and that is going to co$t $$$$. The show up now and then locally here too and when I get some antennas in the air (hopefully soon) and radio starts to enter my life again I will start looking again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated