• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Uniden BC906W Cordless Mic

It can be done to any radio that can provide the voltage to power the base section of the mic. The cord with the mic plug and mic holder. Should be easy enough to accomplish with some knowledge of the wiring of the uniden mic and the radio being used. Great mics for the money. Clean, clear audio and allows for no cords in the way driving. (y)(y)

Reactions: Slowmover
Has anyone come up with a schematic for an adapter to enable the new Uniden BC906W Cordless Mic to work on other radios? I'm disabled and a cordless mic would help me allot.

JOE
BC906W TO ICOM IC7300@YAHOOGROUPS.COM
BC906W -- IC 7300
1. - 1 - MIKE.
3. - 5 - PTT
4. - 8 - AUDIO OUT
5. - 6&7 - MIKE GND & GND
6. - 2 - +8V

W2ENY MAKES ADAPTER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUILD YOUR OWN. HE IS ON EBAY.

Last edited:
Came across a recommendation yesterday for this microphone. Said it works exceptionally well (no surprise) paired with the UNIDEN 880 & 980 series radios.

So, Drivers, once parked at the truckstop, you needn’t any longer hide behind the sleeper curtains to stir the s-pot. Get out and raise the hood. Pretend concern over an engine-mounted item. Have a good stretch & fart knowing you’re acting on behalf of your fellow man by popping that stress zit .

Any other experience?

(Around $85.00 though I haven’t done a search).

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
A local got one for his 980 when they first came out. I remember it sounding quite nice.

I bought one to use with my McKinley, but the audio is weak. I picked up a used 980 and it works pretty good. I've heard good reports of them being wired for ham rigs. It is a pretty handy mic. Has good range and feels good in the hand. Battery life is OK. I just don't like the big hokey-ass looking cable and docking station. They should have made the mic socket portion small, like a little dongle.

Reactions: Slowmover and NZ8N
I’m seeing them from $85 and a little ways up.

Anyone know of better pricing?
Time to buy a couple more.

EDIT: Thx. Just found a pair at $78/ea with tax & ship.
Y’all are magic!!!

National backorder at present.

But (oh, wow, forgot) do I have to use a sock?

Last edited:
CB620563-9E94-4F36-A828-8C8227C2D42F.jpeg

That Dover Delaware Dude maybe deserves the blame (credit?) for inspiring these baaaad thoughts. His enthusiasm for the bc906w MUCH too strong:

A football-field away from a bait car in one of our downtowns. Insults across the amp’d PA. LED antenna. Crash test dummy in front seat.

MPB aim

Tis the opening of election (hunting) season.

This S
comes to my neighborhood its gonna get real but quick.

Darkness aside, why in the H did I buy so many? Well, I’ve got three (3) of the Uniden series they’re designed to work with, but that isn’t it.

1). I’m very impressed by the performance reviews (ha, obviously).

2). Being able to be free of a mic cord really sounds great.

3). I’ve read that recharge is a 3X work-day requirement (Amazon review) and that a replacement battery set is better than as supplied

4). I shrugged when I received the final pair, and found a lot of five (5) used Kenwood KES-5 mil-spec mobile speakers to go with them.

— That takes the price of a $140 Uniden 980 to $200. Add a KL203 and a handful of ferrites plus an Apache 3800 transport case and we’re right at $300.

— Guess Xmas is on the way?

— Backup or substitute radio at every family location?

Something will come as to why I bought all these.

It isn’t just avoiding dragging the radio cart into the turlet to assist voiding

Attachments

• EBFF0606-0973-440D-AAD0-FBD8BF44A171.jpeg
    EBFF0606-0973-440D-AAD0-FBD8BF44A171.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
There is something you didn't mention...

If you have talkback set up in those Unidens, this Handset can be used to GUIDE the hand that steers the wheel.

This can come in handy when you need a spotter to help you backing in or pulling out of a busy traffic section.

You can easily find an empty channel and work your magic using it and the Radios' talkback to guide the helper.

There is something you didn't mention...

If you have talkback set up in those Unidens, this Handset can be used to GUIDE the hand that steers the wheel.

This can come in handy when you need a spotter to help you backing in or pulling out of a busy traffic section.

You can easily find an empty channel and work your magic using it and the Radios' talkback to guide the helper.

Thanks, hadn’t thought it thru (haven’t yet used).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.