• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

no code tech radio????

505NJ

If and when I get my No code tech license, what would be the best all around radio to start off with???

Icom and kenwood have good reps, but it all comes with a price.

Thanks

Yaesu FT857D. I like mine, even though I seem to have done a poor job soldering on it to open the TX, but that's a user issue not equipment.

the_sandman_454 said:
Yaesu FT857D. I like mine, even though I seem to have done a poor job soldering on it to open the TX, but that's a user issue not equipment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :p :p :p

I Love my FT-897D, it is an awesome rig!
If you want a smaller package, go for the FT-857. It might seem like overkill to get a all mode HF/VHF/UHF rig with just a No-code Lic, but it will be a good incentive to upgrade, and when you do, you will already have all the frequency coverage you need

Jeff

as a no code tech, i get to use my ic706mkIIg on 4 bands....70cm SSB, 2m SSB, 6m SSB & AM, 11m SSB & AM. :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.