• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NO MORE FIRST CLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those religious fools you happen to mention. You I can believe evolved from monkeys (no offense to the monkeys of course), but I don't think that's where everything started, nor a primordeal slime and lightning. Everything just appears to work together way too conveniently for that. So on that subject, just STFU, and keep your anti religious comments to yourself, just as I'll keep my religion to myself.

But for the Islamic Extremists, yes, I would probably not allow them on the plane either.

the_sandman_454 said:
I'm one of those religious fools you happen to mention. You I can believe evolved from monkeys (no offense to the monkeys of course), but I don't think that's where everything started, nor a primordeal slime and lightning. Everything just appears to work together way too conveniently for that. So on that subject, just STFU, and keep your anti religious comments to yourself, just as I'll keep my religion to myself.

But for the Islamic Extremists, yes, I would probably not allow them on the plane either.

I most certainly will not "STFU", if you don't like what I have to say, don't read my posts.

Good day, sir. Have fun with your mythology, and your silly cloud-beings, and great bearded men in the sky whio kill their only sons to prove how much they love the rest of us.....No thanks!

The very idea is shocking to rational people, but you people actually worship that shite. Un-friggin-believable.

Why not be a little respectful of other peoples' views? I'm not calling you a dumbass because you don't support religion, why call me a dumbass for my opinion on it? That's part of the problem with the world these days, not being able to respect people even if they happen to have a differing opinion.

You don't like religion, I'm fine with that, but why not be a little more reasonable in your declaration of that? Afterall what is it gaining you to bash a bunch of people who happen to believe in something you might not? I don't think I'm spawned from an amoeba, but I'm not calling you an idiot because that's apparently what you believe. See how that works? You can disagree with a concept while still being at least a little respectful of those who support it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there's absolutely no reason to be an ass while still disapproving of religion.

Highlander_821 said:
the_sandman_454 said:

I most certainly will not "STFU", if you don't like what I have to say, don't read my posts.

Good day, sir. Have fun with your mythology, and your silly cloud-beings, and great bearded men in the sky whio kill their only sons to prove how much they love the rest of us.....No thanks!

The very idea is shocking to rational people, but you people actually worship that shite. Un-friggin-believable.

highlander, you are an american that can freely express you opinions. You obviously need to show more respect for other people's beliefs. Are you gonna look down on all the fathers of our Armed Services personnel that have their sons defending your and my freedom's by standing in harms way while you can sleep at night?
A lot of their sons have died doing this and you need to show more gratitude towards them rather you support or hate the war. The same principle needs to be used for religion.

Highlander,were not the founding fathers of your country God fearing folk? Do you feel that they were full of crap as well? What works for you works and whatever works for someone else works for them and as long as everything is legal then live and let live.I find it odd that the people who yell the loudest and want to be heard do not want to listen to anyone else. :roll:

Highlander_821 said:

I would love to not read your post when you write something I don't like, but how?
If I don't read your post, how will I know what you have to say?
If I don't know what you have to say, how will I know whether or not to read your post?
I'm so confused, please help.

QRN said:
Highlander,were not the founding fathers of your country God fearing folk? Do you feel that they were full of crap as well? What works for you works and whatever works for someone else works for them and as long as everything is legal then live and let live.I find it odd that the people who yell the loudest and want to be heard do not want to listen to anyone else. :roll:

Most of them were anything but. That's one of the most common misconceptions about them.

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
Highlander_821 said:
the_sandman_454 said:

highlander, you are an american that can freely express you opinions. You obviously need to show more respect for other people's beliefs. Are you gonna look down on all the fathers of our Armed Services personnel that have their sons defending your and my freedom's by standing in harms way while you can sleep at night?
A lot of their sons have died doing this and you need to show more gratitude towards them rather you support or hate the war. The same principle needs to be used for religion.

What does my contempt for religion have to do with soldiers?

Sorry, but they are not fighting for my freedom, or anyone elses. They are fighting for Bush's political legacy and for Halliburton, Inc.

the_sandman_454 said:
Why not be a little respectful of other peoples' views? I'm not calling you a dumbass because you don't support religion, why call me a dumbass for my opinion on it? That's part of the problem with the world these days, not being able to respect people even if they happen to have a differing opinion.

You don't like religion, I'm fine with that, but why not be a little more reasonable in your declaration of that? Afterall what is it gaining you to bash a bunch of people who happen to believe in something you might not? I don't think I'm spawned from an amoeba, but I'm not calling you an idiot because that's apparently what you believe. See how that works? You can disagree with a concept while still being at least a little respectful of those who support it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there's absolutely no reason to be an ass while still disapproving of religion.

The so-called "religious right" are the ones who have been asses, not me. They started it, attempting to codify their narrow views into US law. They would replace the US constitution with the Bible, and their narrow, literal understanding of it. Perhaps if more liberal religious tradition in this country would speak out, and condemn the fundamentalists and rapturists, I might cut them some slack. But they go along, and keep silent about these dangerous fools, earning my contempt and anger.

You people have been coddled enough, society has done everything possible to accomadate your freedom to wordhip, but you keep on pushing for YOUR views to be force fed to the rest of us. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore, get it?

There is NO DIFFERENCE between a fundamentalist Muslim, and a fundamentalist Christian. Both are dangerous and wrong.

QRN said:

Was I the one who told someone to STFU?

Well apparantly this this "friendly topic" is going down the path of distruction fueled by mis-beliefs and political actions. I know we have the right to spew and blather, but this thread has ended its life cycle

Thank You

You people have been coddled enough, society has done everything possible to accomadate your freedom to wordhip, but you keep on pushing for YOUR views to be force fed to the rest of us. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore, get it?

That is completely unbelievable. Currently if you haven't noticed, there seems to be an ongoing war against religion everywhere from school to work, soon they'll say I can't decorate my house for Christmas if I so desire. My choosing to worship does not affect your life in any way. I am not forcing you to go to church with me, I am not going to convert you, I'll not even try. I just want to be shown a little respect, since I don't go around disrespecting athiests, diests, witches, warlocks, and/or anybody else who happens to believe something other than what I do.

Coddled? Do you watch the traditional media at all? See how in many places you can't even mention Christmas anymore? I'd hardly call that coddled. Only an idiot would claim "coddled". Some laws are based on religion. Murder for example. There is absolutely no reason other than religion to ban murder. I don't see how certain laws however are a bad deal. Some laws, perhaps, but certainly not the basics.

Remember (and this is the important part here), the First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion, as some people seem to be trying to interpret it.

You don't know any of us here, but you're lumping us all together with the so-called "fundamentalists and rapturists" by openly calling anybody who believes in something other than pure evolution a fool. That is the part that bothers me, because it means you yourself are being narrow-minded, and apparently believe you're the only one with any intelligence at all. That is hardly the case, and everybody has the right to choose their own religion or lack of it. You have the right to call me an idiot, but I have an equal right to tell you to STFU because you don't know me and have no way to judge.

There are a lot of people of religion who are not in favor of replacing the Constitution with the bible or any of that other crap you seem to believe we are in favor of. I'm perfectly happy with the Constitution as it is, which unfortunately even grants narrow minded individuals such as yourself the right to insult me and the rest of the individuals here at will. However, it does make you look less than brilliant. Plenty of people of religion are very intelligent, and perfectly rational. Hardly what I would consider fools. It's just sad to see someone being so irrational they just immediately discount everybody who doesn't share the same beliefs (in this case, you discounting us)...

Who the hell claimed to be a fundamentalist here? From what I can tell anybody who doesn't believe solely in evolution is a fundamentalist in your book. This is a very unfortunate point of view to have. I feel sorry for you, as it must be a horrible existance to go through life not being able to respect or approve of the majority of people in the world (meaning those who have some religion of one form of another) for their merits besides religion...

And when I told you to STFU by the way, it was supposed to mean "If you can't at least remain halfassed respectful of others, then just STFU because nobody likes being insulted for a personal choice they made which otherwise has no bearing on anyone".

On a side note, I'm still going to be respectful of you, because despite differences of religion, we're still people, who are supposed to be rational, and disrespecting someone because of his or her personal beliefs is not a rational thing to do.

And for the record I'm not the one who locked this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.