• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No more free ham ticket?

I don’t buy “kids will be discouraged because of the $50”. These kids will easily fork out 1K for the latest “whatever phone” If they really want to get into radio they will. A cheapie Baofeng is $20 with charger, belt clip...Saving $50 will not tempt them to get a big money Icom, Kenwood....A person is in for about $100. Cable costs more per month...more or less.

So some of you guys WANT to pay more money?? When you guys get your electric bill this month, pay double. When you go to a steak house, pay $50 more. Next time you fill up at the gas station, instead of paying $35, pay 70. Its well worth it.

Reactions: Rwb
So some of you guys WANT to pay more money?? When you guys get your electric bill this month, pay double. When you go to a steak house, pay $50 more. Next time you fill up at the gas station, instead of paying $35, pay 70. Its well worth it.

HUGE difference between WANTING to pay more and thinking that a reasonable amount is ACCEPTABLE or even willing to pay a bit more to get MORE IN RETURN.

Their high prices is why I don't join anymore. Too much money for what? Qst magazine? Its a book of ads. Worthless. Once you pay 50 to join arrl, then another 50 for qrz, just so you can have pretty awards beside your call? Now 50 for license?? To be fair, they should charge all current hams another $40 so they can catch up.

QST is a big disappointment now days, 1 in 5 articles are interesting and the rest is a sales flyer..
They should waive the fee on a new licensee just to encourage new users.
I don't mind a renewal fee, it's worth $50.

Jeff

The V.E. Does the work,$15. We send fcc $50 who gets screwed here? I belive the ve does the work rest is fed in taxpayer funded computers n might take a whole minute to do 1 license for $50 or you move 2 times in 10 years thats $150 .i would feel better seeing the V.E.get $25 n fcc get $25 n thats more than needed.
By the way WHO DID FCC BUY THE AIRWAVES FROM?

Reactions: big_sho9
The V.E. Does the work,$15. We send fcc $50 who gets screwed here? I belive the ve does the work rest is fed in taxpayer funded computers n might take a whole minute to do 1 license for $50 or you move 2 times in 10 years thats $150 .i would feel better seeing the V.E.get $25 n fcc get $25 n thats more than needed.
By the way WHO DID FCC BUY THE AIRWAVES FROM?

Why would it cost you $150 if you moved twice in ten years? Can you not simply update your contact info online without inuring costs?

Why would it cost you $150 if you moved twice in ten years? Can you not simply update your contact info online without inuring costs?
i read it completely and every time you need a change of any sort it will cost $50, we at our local club read it closely,you move to new address must show it to fcc and they issue updated license costing 50 a move,even sending a paper license copy is 50. There is more to this than just 50 bucks for license
We got an attorney member who read it completely then explaned the leagal mumbo jumbo they use to write up documents

or you move 2 times in 10 years thats $150
Or if you want to change your call sign ,it'll be 50 a pop. So, if you get your license,$50, then you move twice in ten years, $100, then you get a vanity sign, $200,, And where does this money go? the FCC is taxpayer funded, I don't think they need it. I've changed my call twice.

Or if you want to change your call sign ,it'll be 50 a pop. So, if you get your license,$50, then you move twice in ten years, $100, then you get a vanity sign, $200,, And where does this money go? the FCC is taxpayer funded, I don't think they need it. I've changed my call twice.
yes they are taxpayer funded.id have a little diffrent view if they werent taxpayer funded. Most of the work is done by club V.E.'s who get $15 yet the fcc who is tax rich gets $50 is bullsh##

hp-hero-quality.jpg

A little something to go with that WINE:ROFLMAO::D

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
https://www.kb6nu.com/fcc-proposes-new-fees-for-amateur-radio-licenses/

" The FCC also proposes these fees for license renewals and requests for vanity call signs, the latter which had its filing fee eliminated several years ago. The FCC is proposing to still not charge for administrative updates, such as mailing address changes on amateur or GMRS applications. Amateur Radio will remain exempt from annual regulatory fees under Section 9 of the RAY BAUM’S Act."

https://recnet.com/node/3182

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?