• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No More Voicemail

jessejamesdallas

Apr 4, 2005
Republic of Texas
Found a app on Google Play that is FREE, It won't stop Robo Callers from calling, but it will stop them from filling up your voicemail box, which you have to manually go in and delete.

Problem I have been having with the Robo calls, is even if I reject the call, the Robo callers still leave a message on my voicemail which I then have to call my voicemail to delete the message...Been having to do this 5 or 6 times a day, if not more! There's no option on the phone that lets you disable the voicemail or screen who can or can't leave a message,

Found a app on Google Play that basically turns off Voicemail. So now if I reject a call, or just don't answer, instead of the call going to my voicemail box, the callers phone just keeps ringing and never go's to voicemail....

The app is called "No More Voicemail" by TelTech Systems Inc. (same people who have the "Robo Killer" app.)

Free app....and, if later you want to turn voicemail back on, there's a number you just call from your cell phone that will disable the app and turn voicemail back on...If you have AT&T for example you would call ##004# from your cell phone, and then voicemail is re-activated...The app doesn't affect your Text Messaging...just voicemail.

Other carriers voicemail re-activation numbers are-
Verizon *73
T-Mobile ##004#
Sprint *730
U.S.Cellular *920

more info on "No More Voicemail"
http://www.nomorevoicemail.co/faq.html

To get the App click here:
http://www.nomorevoicemail.co/

So far, I like this app....give it 5-Stars! ****

I disabled my voicemail like 16 years ago. :) No need to install spyware on my phone.
Mike

Ah yes, the good old days.

Voicemail was considered a toy - like Answering Machines - only listen to what you want - ignore the rest and if the tape cassette jammed - oh well...Back to Radio Shack for another...

Nowadays, I turn my phone off - that tells the network you can't be reached and does not go into voice mail - because your phone' your only means to store any - text or voice, is not on. Lots of mobile phone plans now force you to own a phone that handles the storage - texts are still SMS but voice mail is not handled the same way it used to be -thru their network- anymore. In fact they can charge you for the "offline storage" your voice mail box generates - so use the *86 and *73 (your plan may differ) features, you may need to look at your contract to determine if you even have Voicemail and if it needs to be enabled. Find the fine print folks, because even those that get harassed due to predators - can have these features turned off for that very reason.

I catch hades at times when the XYL needs to contact me but she has many other means to contact me - she just gets "curious" (Read : Not Good) why the other means had to be used.

The darn things got batteries, so yes, it too needs time to recharge.

It's kinda' nice to be disconnected from the "grid" at times - helps me recharge too.

:+> Andy <+:

Reactions: jessejamesdallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.