• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No ssb, or superb owl being heard.

Nothing but local stuff up here. Absolutely no Skip. I do the CQ CQ CQ daily on 10 meters, and its just crickets. I only have 2m,10m, and 11 meter capability. Be nice to have a decent QSO every month or 2. Radio and antenna sysyem are in good working order. Guess I'll have to get a Real radio, so I can stay interested in the hobby. That isn't going go happen soon, so I might as well quit bitching about no conditions.
I don't talk on cb ch 6, but it is a guide to conditions, and for a long time its been silent, at least it is here. Just ranting I guess.
You need a radio with more bands! 20, and 40 usually have something going on.

Reactions: n8fgb and Rwb
I have been thinking of getting a HF reciever myself so I can see what is going on ham bands when 11 meters is dead. I am looking at the Alinco Sr8t, maybe a birthday present to myself in a couple of months. Or I may just buy a cheap reciever like a Tecsun 660.

Last edited:
Reactions: CB590 and Rwb
I have been thinking of getting a HF reciever myself so I can see what is going on ham bands when 11 meters is dead. I am looking at the Alinco Sr8t, maybe a birthday present to myself in a couple of months. Or I may just buy a cheap reciever like a Tecsun 660.
id buy a pl 880 .its a great reciever.buy couple extra batterys. When your not using it , use the charge cord n it shows how long it took to charge and charger shut off automaticly.
Ive had mine going on 3 years not a problem yet.i use it for music setting by my base radio picking up my xm sat. And if i want to see whats on hf i got a long wire i plug in

Reactions: codeman

One of these for go anywhere receiver, hard to beat for $$...
Had the older 808 version for years
https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/sgn-ats-909x
sgn-ats-909x_xl.jpg

Reactions: Rwb and codeman
15th consecutive day with Zero sunspots & flux steady @ 67 sfu -
solar minimum coming soon...
November 2, 2018 @ 12:20 UTC
Geomagnetic Storm Watch

A large coronal hole is now facing Earth. Because of this feature, a high speed solar wind stream is expected to reach our planet within the next 48 hours. Minor (G1) geomagnetic storming will be possible at high latitudes. There may also be a smaller chance for isolated moderate (G2) storming as well depending on the dynamics of the incoming solar wind stream. Visible aurora will be possible this weekend.
(Possible HF blackouts?)

.Forecast...
Solar activity is expected to be very low on 02-04
solar101vhfpic.php

178 days so far in 2018...ZERO Sunspots...This is going to get higher worse, with no predicted improvement till at least this time frame 2019.:mad::cry:
All the Best
Gary

yep.it was short lived n i heard far away calls but no replys.was glad my galaxy 99v n A 99 made the trip on skip

Oddly, I have had more luck with skip with my DX88HL and a Wilson 1000 than with the 88 on my A99. Jamaica, Oklahoma, Texas, all on that 1000 mag mount.

Reactions: Rwb
Oddly, I have had more luck with skip with my DX88HL and a Wilson 1000 than with the 88 on my A99. Jamaica, Oklahoma, Texas, all on that 1000 mag mount.
every 1 is diffrent.i got jamaca n costa rico real good 3 days in a row on my A 99 and galaxy 99v

Yesterday nov 5th skip was hot in southwest mo.2 kw came booming in from costa rica,several jamacian stations and 1 weak station from austraila ,couldnt get back to him but he did get my numbers then faded away.from about 3 to 4 pm.we were cloudy n drizzly rain till 230 pm .it cleared off n skip rolled

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?