• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No ssb, or superb owl being heard.

Well, Duke friggin’ Energy won’t do nothing bout the power line noise I have. It’s almost impossible to talk on the radio here anyway. It’s odd, 1-20 is noisy as all you know what but 21-40 is kinda quiet, not completely but more than the previous channels.

Thinking of laying down the pole and just letting it accidentally fall across the lines and knock them down. I’m the event I do, I’ll need this post removed ASAP by a moderator, haha.

Against better judgment and just plain knowing better, I think I’ll put the antenna in the top of that 100ft pine. That might get me away from the noise, I know I’m missing a lot of good stuff from time to time.

Reactions: Rwb
Well, Duke friggin’ Energy won’t do nothing bout the power line noise I have. It’s almost impossible to talk on the radio here anyway. It’s odd, 1-20 is noisy as all you know what but 21-40 is kinda quiet, not completely but more than the previous channels.

Thinking of laying down the pole and just letting it accidentally fall across the lines and knock them down. I’m the event I do, I’ll need this post removed ASAP by a moderator, haha.

Against better judgment and just plain knowing better, I think I’ll put the antenna in the top of that 100ft pine. That might get me away from the noise, I know I’m missing a lot of good stuff from time to time.
Friend of mine is a lineman. I asked if he has ever had to deal with noise complaints. He said he has on occasion and they HAVE to find the problem. I believe he said its usually just a bad insulator and is usually an easy fix. This is Ameren IL so your provider might handle things differently... I would stay on them and continue to complain.

Tell them your calling fcc over excesdive rf.and only have a LEGAL fcc approved radio on the bench working when and if you have to call fcc

Aw Man RBC, we gotta' get your hauler back up, and out on the road. You going to need something like it to haul all the stuff.

Just be sure to put "WHEEL CHOCKS" on a banner alongside your bin. That way the FCC won't mess with it.

48E2E8B9-8489-4131-AAA3-EAE5B2EF0E3A.gif
Hahahahaha. My troll level = maximum. I’d just hide them all around the yard like Easter eggs. I’d be like “I don’t know how that got here”.

I love it when the skip is DEAD so we can talk local without all of the nutcases with all of their noise toys & crap.At least none of the locals run any noise toys,echo,reverb,or roger beeps so it's SWEET without the skip.CB's are for talking on not making unneeded noises like 11 meters needs any more noise.Peace & quiet is good. :p:eek::rolleyes:o_O

SIX-SHOOTER

Oh come on now, don’t you love the sound of a lunar cricket at 7AM? Or a rooster goin off about all day long followed by Daffy Duck?

Around here, channel 19 is a circus and since it’s part of job, I’m forced to listen to it while at work. Usually. Lot of the time I turn the radio down so I don’t have to hear it. So I can feel for you when it comes to peace and quiet.

Reactions: Rwb and SIX-SHOOTER
Yesterday we had a 7 pound dead key on our home channel 20 for most of the evening. Most of the locals could talk over it and then it was gone. Really strange nobody knows who it was and anybody it could have been was talking over it. Maybe a truck was parked and had the key down while he slept? Channel 19 and 21 were ok.....

Oh come on now, don’t you love the sound of a lunar cricket at 7AM? Or a rooster goin off about all day long followed by Daffy Duck?

Around here, channel 19 is a circus and since it’s part of job, I’m forced to listen to it while at work. Usually. Lot of the time I turn the radio down so I don’t have to hear it. So I can feel for you when it comes to peace and quiet.

If I feel the need for all of those noises I'll turn on The Animal Planet.

SIX-SHOOTER

Haha, I was just being funny. I’ve had fun with a “break for a radio check” noise toy before. But it gets old fast and then I’d felt like I’d molested my S9 so I removed it.

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER and Rwb
Back when most had cb's in cars,a local was talkin on his radio. Then quiet then HOLY CRAP his lady friend n him got intimite in the car.his mic got keyed up through the whole ordeal.
As soon as buisness was done mic u keyed but lots of chatter to him n her.he kept a low profile for a long time too.
He married her n they been together since 73.
But to this day we tease them ,she became radio lady n she still gets red as a beet when called radio lady.
But must be the radio glued them together.nice l9ng marrige. Cb theropy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.