• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Noise Chopper?

parkair

Jan 15, 2006
Near Austin, Texas
Has anyone used one of those noise choppers that H&Y Electronics sales ? Is it an noise blanker or a atenuator ? I am picking up a high pitch noise when my engine is running (fuel pump?) when I disconnect the antenna it's gone.

d

The "Noise Chopper" is pure junk. It does nothing but CHOP the incomming signal, that is all. Does nothing to "chop" the fuel pump, or other electrical source noise comming in through your antenna. I've tried it, I even bought it from H&Y a few years back, worthless, so please don't waste your money. You need to trace the source of your noise culprit and then go from there. Also, if the noise is comming in through the antenna, don't waste your money on a cb radio power line filter either, it won't help. Vehicle grounding helps some, so does location of antenna. If the problem is the fuel pump, you need to attatch rf chokes and filters in the power lines as close to the pump as possible.

Good luck, LoneWolf TN

s

Great site Marconi. But I wonder why the guy doesn't touch on the ground loop problem that can be created with multiple grounds. I understand that if one does multiple grounding, that all grounds need to be tied to a common location at the frame to prevent the "ground loop" problem.

LoneWolf TN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.