• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Noise

Handy Andy

Do Your Research First, Then Decide...
Apr 23, 2018
www.cbtricks.com
It's why many antennas use a DC shunt - makes a good RFI trap for noises entering into the antenna from broad banded sources - including their new 5G tower "cap" setups that provide local short range coverage in neighborhoods.

IF you got time, might want to take a short drive around the neighborhood with your cars' AM radio tuned to a distant station (or CB) - so the noise emanating from the source can be located by listening for the "blanking" or washing out of the weaker distant signal overcome by the emissions of this new device

nicky

May 9, 2018
Yes, coax pick noise too.
I would use choke balun at antenna feed point and another where coax enter you house/garage etc.
Also I advise to insulate antenna from a mast (if conductive).
Mike
I did call the power company and told them I thought I was getting noise from the power lines. They said they would notify our local repair crew and have them check it out. We will see what happens.
I will have to check out a balun.... and yes the the mast is conductive and the coax is zip tied to it. I may not get that done till spring as the weather is getting to cold to be working outside for an old guy like me.
Thank you so much Mike

Reactions: Rwb

nicky

May 9, 2018
It's why many antennas use a DC shunt - makes a good RFI trap for noises entering into the antenna from broad banded sources - including their new 5G tower "cap" setups that provide local short range coverage in neighborhoods.

IF you got time, might want to take a short drive around the neighborhood with your cars' AM radio tuned to a distant station (or CB) - so the noise emanating from the source can be located by listening for the "blanking" or washing out of the weaker distant signal overcome by the emissions of this new device
I will try that. Thank you much

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Roadstar:
    good morning to all
  • @ Jerry L Myers:
    Hello everybody, 126 SW IN here again
  • @ 357:
    q2lRfzT.jpg
  • @ Roadstar: