• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NorthStar 4000 question

StoneCrusher

Apr 3, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Hey Guys,
A friend of mine has a Northstar 4000 and it just quit the only thing that works is the light in the meter. There's no light in the channel selector no recieve no transmit and the funny thing was the radio was just hooked up and was not in use when this happened. Anyone have an idea what it could be..... I've heard these radio had some issues?

Pull the covers off of the radio....On the solder side of the board right besides the audio chip *between the audio chip and front of radio* there is a transistor mounted to the side like the audiochip.. The transistor is either a 2sc1012 or a 473 cant remeber the number...But it should be mounted almost above one of the mounting screws on that side.. Check to see if one of the legs has came unsoldered or broken.. This is a very common probem and is usually caused by only using 2 of the 4 mounting screws or tightening them too tight..

If this is not it or if you can't figure out what I am talkng about let me know..
Hope this helps

Update

I finally got my buddy's Northstar to the shop actually to DTB radio and Dave did a great job..... had things fixed up in no time at all. And I mite ad was also VERY FAIR on price. Thanks Dave and I will be back when I get in the area again take care!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.