• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Northstar

tilehead

Apr 23, 2007
I seen a new Northstar at a CB shop today. Are these good radios? They sure look spiffy ..you can change the meter display from white,blue or green.If a person likes the blue display I think stryker with the dimmable blue display is really sharp.Just wondering about the northstar . Today was the first I seen them.

northpoint, northstar blah blah. same company, they were well known for stealing a design, copying it and stopping production before the lawers could become involved. quality has been terriable in the past as well as support.

i wouldnt buy one, same thing as the stryker with color changing options (and less nighttime visability).

DTB they changed the NorthPoint's to NorthStar on last batch that came in Lesco is sole distributor as of right now.

NorthStar said:
DTB they changed the NorthPoint's to NorthStar on last batch that came in Lesco is sole distributor as of right now.

Ok, thats the first I'd heard that.

I LOVE the Stryker!!! Its the only radio I will run right now. I use it as a base in the shop and at teh ouse, and I use a 490 as my mobile.

Thanks for the professional assesment DTB !
I run a Stryker 440 in my mobile and it does agreat job for me too, NO receiving issues on mine either. Just great recieve & transmit ! Mine does a better job than my ol' CONNEX for sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.