• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NOS SS 3000 radio for sale on the bay from Japan!

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
well here is one of the rarest radios around, and it's brand new for sale from Japan.

This is the one with the dual TDA2003 audio amps in it.

these things are apparently audio beasts.

I just want someone to buy this one so they can make measurements for me so i can fix mine LOL.

anyway, if your tax return is burning a hole in your pocket, then you might like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-STAR...336879?hash=item41fe4d0daf:g:HO4AAOSwA0JcXkqV

EDIT: i just realized they have 5 of them for sale!
LC

Last edited:

im sure there are plenty of AMers out there that would love to have one.

im really just shocked to see that someone in 2019 was still sitting on a case of these.
this is seriously one of the weirdest CB chassis ive ever come across.

its like they combined a cb radio with a car stereo amplifier LOL.

this is the basic circuit they used for the AM modulator:
How-to-Build-an-Audio-Amplifier-With-the-TDA2003-Stereo-Schematic-3.png

LC

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I had one radio way back that had AM only but had FM Stereo built in. You could listen to FM music and the squelch would break and you had CB audio coming in. I think it was a Kraco brand.

im sure there are plenty of AMers out there that would love to have one.

im really just shocked to see that someone in 2019 was still sitting on a case of these.
this is seriously one of the weirdest CB chassis ive ever come across.

its like they combined a cb radio with a car stereo amplifier LOL.

this is the basic circuit they used for the AM modulator:
How-to-Build-an-Audio-Amplifier-With-the-TDA2003-Stereo-Schematic-3.png

LC
So that means that it is loud as hell? My finger is on the button, I hope i don't slip and accidentally buy one.......
How old do you think these are? The sn on the one in the picture has a really low number.....

Reactions: Tallman
They have Warehouse finds every once in a while when they reorganize the stock and move an item that there is an excess of stock due to low sales or over ordered.
At some point in time an inventory check brings out the ghost stock and items like that popup. There have been Motorcycles I would have paid a King's ransom for if I had found out about them in time. I saw a bike shop UN-crate a brand new 2010 Honda Goldwing and I snapped it up. I owned it before they finished getting the crate off of the bike. Drove it 20,000 miles and traded it in 2015.

ive honestly never heard one, since mine is still in a state of relative disrepair.

however, the transformer in these things is MASSIVE, and from what nomad says, it will do a real 40 watts+ PEP. the entire purpose of designing this particular chassis would be for super loud AM audio.

they will be old, like from the 90's, so if i bought one (i just can't bring myself to pay that much for a radio right now) i would re-cap it.

I have a thread on mine somewhere on the forum, so you can see pics of the inside.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.