• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

'Nother batcha sliders

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
Finally rounded up enough of these for a batch of nine.

F4jFda.jpg

The shiny plex face makes a good mirror, and digital cameras tend to distort the color of LED displays.

These are getting checked for drift, so the lively ones can get temp-compensated a little better.

Not ready for prime time.

Yet.

Who knows, maybe we'll have some left when everyone on the waiting list gets called.

Rather than convert them all to work with Browning Mark 3 SSB transmitters, I'm leaving some of them with the factory-original 11 and 12 MHz setup. And if I run out of the 16.27 MHz versions, they'll get converted to that range. Or maybe for Browning Mark 4 transmitters.

Only a few of them are ready for prime time. Still need to paint some of the covers. So far, so good.

The output frequency of that radio's PLL is 20.965 MHz for channel 1. Don't have any in this batch set up for that, but it can be done.

Would take a week or more to convert one and stabilize it. Bear in mind that any Siltronix VFO that runs at a frequency this high tends to drift a bit more than the 11 MHz and 16 MHz versions. The higher the oscillator frequency, the more sensitive it becomes to temperature. We have had good results from setting them up for the 21.32 MHz needed for a Browning Mark 4. Just takes a little more time to get the temperature compensation dialed in.

Price is the same, 200 bucks plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

The output frequency of that radio's PLL is 20.965 MHz for channel 1. Don't have any in this batch set up for that, but it can be done.

Would take a week or more to convert one and stabilize it. Bear in mind that any Siltronix VFO that runs at a frequency this high tends to drift a bit more than the 11 MHz and 16 MHz versions. The higher the oscillator frequency, the more sensitive it becomes to temperature. We have had good results from setting them up for the 21.32 MHz needed for a Browning Mark 4. Just takes a little more time to get the temperature compensation dialed in.

Price is the same, 200 bucks plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

I m definitely interested, but I will have to figure out how to hook it to the radio and how to tune it in.
EDIT: ok just found this http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/vco/siltronix/model_90/index.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Is the radio's PLL selector working?

I can see using a VFO if the radio's original PLL has been badly savaged or has a bum channel selector.

But there should be a way to add channels to that PLL without using an external VFO, seems like.

Sure enough, turned one up.

http://www.cbtricks.com/pub/secret_cb/vol_05/graphics/secret_cb_vol_05_pg31.pdf

Lower channels only.

That's good information but I was hoping to get upper channels. The PLL still works ok. What would the frequency range be with the slider?
Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?