• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Off Limit Freq's

Happy_Hamer said:
another few frequencies not listed as a ham bands so must be "freebands" for those that use icoms, yaesus, or kenwoods for your "freebanding" try calling CQ there.

Man with all these "freebands" I can see why radio is so much fun without a license,,,,

11.175 USB this one seems popular, alot of people on there :shock:
11.181 USB
11.271 USB
13.212 USB
15.016 USB
15.038 USB
20.390 USB

AAAAAAAACK!!!! :D :shock: Happy Hamer, SHAME on you :D You're REALLY trying to stir up something now. :shock: I am sure the USAF 'Mainsail' boys would LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!! "ANDREWS, ANDREWS, THIS HERE'S TH' ONE TARHEEL IN CENTRAL N'AWTH C'LINA, YA GOT AN OLE COPY, BREAK,BREAK!!!!" :shock:

Can you imagine? :D :D :D :p Now you've got me tickled!! :p

CWM

hey, the bottom line is I dont give a damn where anyone talks, your on the internet, find where you can and cant talk legally

can you talk above and below legally? NO, unless your licensed.!

that was the question, NO you cannot

if you want to.......then go ahead, everyone has there take/spin on it but the bottom line is still NO, just dont tell people it is ok because noone else uses them anyhow, he asked LEGALLY.

"smoke blowing propaganda"? what does the LAW say, NO

Tune and talk where you like, if you dont like the way the law is written or feel its outdated, do as you please just dont whine and bitch if your busted.

Challenge yourself and give correct information, not your opinion unless it asked

The reason you don't hear anyone on these frequencies is that the US has no treaties concerning these frequencies with other countries and therefore cannot put them to any good use for all the bleed over and direct communication on these frequencies by countries outside it's jurisdiction so this is alot of bunk and my rear end is closed to this sort of smoke blowing propaganda. <quote>

Don't be too sure about the treaties and agreements; there are more than you think!

There was an entire thread here devoted to the use of some of those frequencies and why they are used. One agency is Civil Air Patrol that DOES use certain frequencies in that list. It does not MATTER about international bleedover in that some of these frequencies are 'reliever' frequencies used for SHORT ranged communications in and around a perimeter. They relieve congestion on other HF and VHF circuits and spread out the load. One group of people can be assigned 5 watt radios to talk between the flight line and the aircraft dispatch. Another group can use these for talking between the incoming personnel intake and their assembly and assignment locations. Yet another uses it for message running between the communications shack and the incident commander. And, finally, another frequency can be assigned for 100 watt SSB to marshal ground mobiles who are working with aircraft in search grids. These mobiles can easily range out to 50 miles. The advantage is that it lightens the load on other HF resouces and separates aircraft and other mobiles who may be working in nearby grids. It also somewhat thwarts newshounds and scanner enthusiasts who may show up at a search site (this is illegal and may get you arrested) because their scanners usually won't decode AM and SSB.

Now if anyone thinks he can fool around on CAP's frequencies with abandon, just try it!!!! Especially around here! I will guarantee that in short order you will find yourself getting a knock on the door from the boys in the unmarked Chevy sedan! (FCC) It HAS happened around here and the CAP folks have ZERO tolerance for bandits on their frequencies whether they "actually" use them or not! And it does not matter. Just because an untrained, NON-knowledgable 11 Meter operator decides in his own mind that operating on "them
empty channels"is OK, it doesn't mean that the agencies who find bandits on their frequencies won't come after you, nor does it mean that this "self-appointed knowledge" is worth more than -20 cents in terms of the actual reasons these frequencies are assigned, reserved, and will be protected. Since the objectives of said frequency assignments and the activities they support are determined by the agencies in question and not civilians, the monkey will be on the backs of the interlopers to explain why they were caught "talkin' on them funny channels" during an actual search and rescue operation! :shock: Believe it or not, interfering with such operations is serious and will result in the perp being find THOUSANDS and even serving jail time! And, finally, some things have changed after 9/11, and radio matters are taken more seriously than they were before. Is it worth it? :twisted:

loadstone said:
[quoteCWMorse]Now if anyone thinks he can fool around on CAP's frequencies with abandon, just try it!!!! Especially around here! I will guarantee that in short order you will find yourself getting a knock on the door from the boys in the unmarked Chevy sedan! (FCC) It HAS happened around here and the CAP folks have ZERO tolerance for bandits on their frequencies whether they "actually" use them or not! And it does not matter. Just because an untrained, NON-knowledgable 11 Meter operator decides in his own mind that operating on "them

I thought they use Crown Victorias and Chevy Surburbans.

Don't matter to me anyway, I don't talk on them gay freqs anyway.[/quote]

The smart ones drive Chevys! :D :D :D :p Seriously, there was a thread on 1 stop some time ago about a CB op where there was a couple of "strangers" in a black, unmarked Chevy sedan that surveilled the house for almost a week. Said they looked like the Blues Bros with fedora hats like the 1950's. Gov't tags in plain sight. When they made their move, they showed up with a warrant and a Chevy van with which they hauled away a s---pot full of CB radios and a linear amp the guy had remoted down to the basement. Took several guys, wheel dollies, and a hand truck to take the amp out to the truck. :p

CW,

NAW ,sometime we youngn's gotta respect are elders so we let you run on and on...We know how you retired folks take awhile to get rolling (since you will not use extra "HEAT" for more POWA)....and once you are on that roll 4 watts will burn strong ..... ;) ;) ;) The best part is you will never tire from turning that blasted A-E selector band button...you don't use them.......

And just for info sake those dark tinted Gov't type "toys" up here are Explorers or Expeditions.....FAA and DOT are the Denalis' 8) 8)

Last thing,194.
Could we get that" trucker only channel" in triplicate say AM,19,23 and 7 :roll: :p :p :p

Snoope back quiet

777 hunter said:
Nothing wrong with that,(legaly not sure in the US) but still, from a sane point of view, get off the regular 40 and pure quiet, easy to talk to someone else. And when the skip rolls 26915.0 is the palce to be.
I agree wit cha 777 hunter,bigun297 in da wheat fields of ks,i'm back out.

These are generally, air-to-air frequencies. If you ever go to an air show where the Blue Angels, or Thunder Birds perform, you will hear them in this range.

Rich

You can hear Air Guard down there if you have a unit near you. But they don't talk much. The difference in military comms is, they are taught to be as concise and direct as possible AND short! It's not like they are trying to "work Australia" :D

CWM

It's funny. Going over to the "dark side" is not just a CBer thing. Fact is, most hams (if not all hams) have a yearning desire to:

1) Play Led Zeppelin backwards
2) on 6995 or 7415 KHz
3) and run 3000 watts of beautiful AM
4) on Memorial day weekend
5) and call themselves "The Voice of Purvis" or something else just as stupid.

And yeah "Pump Up The Volume" was a killer movie!!

Real Pirate Radio...something the kiddies just dream about!! The current definition of "pirate radio" involves streaming audio over the internet...no rf required. *sigh*. :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.